This Hurts My Stomach To Say, But...

This hurts my balls to say, but...

...this could be the year the Bills go 18-1, including the Superbowl.

Looking at the schedule, unless they fall apart in a game, I can't see them losing to anyone else. Maybe if it was the other way around and we won in NE last week and the next game was in Buffalo, I might be tempted -as a homer- to pick the Patriots, BUT still too early to really know what we have in New England.

Regardless, since after the NE Game this yea,r Tyrod has played the best football of his career. Which means Buffalo has played some of their best football.

Gawd, it makes me sick, but it could happen this year.

In other news, MMQB says Bills can run the table before meeting NE again...

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/09/29/nfl-media-richard-deitsch-10-things-i-think-stephen-a-smith-espn

6) I think you should take a look at Buffalo’s schedule for the next six weeks. If they play up to their potential, the Bills should be 7-2 after nine games. There’ also an outside shot they run the table (vs. Giants, @Titans, vs. Bengals, @Jags, vs. Dolphins, @Jets) for an 8-1 record heading into Foxboro for a Monday Night game against the Pats on Nov. 23. What changes the perception of how you should look at the Bills is quarterback Tyrod Taylor. Against the Dolphins Taylor competed 21 of 29 passes for 277 yards and three touchdowns; he had no interceptions and a passer rating of 141.5. He also showed resiliency late against the Patriots in a 40-32 loss on Sept 20. Keep in mind that LeSean McCoy has barely contributed anything over the first three games with a hamstring injury. The Bills look like a playoff team.

...this could be the year the Pats go undefeated, including the Superbowl.

Looking at the schedule, unless they fall apart in a game, I can't see them losing to anyone else. Maybe if it was the other way around and we lost in NE last week and the next game was in Buffalo, I might be tempted -as a homer- to pick the Bills, BUT still too early to really know what we have in Buffalo.

Regardless, since after the KC Game last yea,r Brady has played the best football of his career. Which means NE has played some of their best football.

That was nice of you to say, but 15 years of Belichick means that almost none of us think about stuff like that.

One of the very best things that Bill does is get his guys focused on the moment -- the immediacy of the present -- like a zen thing. He does this in many ways.

We're onto Dallas, we'll work to get better today, every team we face presents a unique challenge, I don't care what you did last year -- I only care how you can help this team win today, etc., etc.

Many folks make fun of him for the stuff he says over and over, but I think he genuinely believes in all of these things and the record says his way works. Our guys are just as human as everybody else and will lay an egg on occasion, but year in and year out BB finds a way to get their attention on today and keep it there and it's a huge part of being successful. And that ain't an easy thing to do.

I didn't read every word Rex said leading up to our game, but I know Rex is lot like Captain Ahab and we are his White Whale. We drive the man apeshit and I believe he communicates that to his guys. He puts too much emphasis on one game and tends to look down the road more than he should. Like guaranteeing that his team is going to win the Super Bowl before the frost is on the pumpkin (like he did with the Jets).

He'd be better off studying the Zen Master more if he wants to beat him.

19-0 would be special, but is a completely insane prediction that may never materialize for any team, ever.

Just winning the last game is all that matters. No one remembers NE's record from last year, but they remember that the Pats were champs.

...this could be the year the Bills go 18-1, including the Superbowl.

Looking at the schedule, unless they fall apart in a game, I can't see them losing to anyone else. Maybe if it was the other way around and we won in NE last week and the next game was in Buffalo, I might be tempted -as a homer- to pick the Patriots, BUT still too early to really know what we have in New England.

Regardless, since after the NE Game this yea,r Tyrod has played the best football of his career. Which means Buffalo has played some of their best football.

The worst part of it is that not only are we about to be replaced as the AFCE perennial division winner by Buffalo, but we lost our first round pick next year, so even when we collapse into mediocrity this year, we can't even start the rebuild process until the 2017 season at the earliest, probably 2020 before the Pats are competitive again. I just hope at 68 that I live long enough to see the Pats in a playoff game again.

No jinxing the season. One game at a time. Never look past any team. Nice try with a new karma thread .

Hearing Tedy Bruschi reminisce about 2007...

I would rather the Patriots drop one or two along the way and just focus on that last one.

Secretly, deep down in the thoughts we dare not utter, we all want the same thing. That thing will cement this coach and this team as the greatest of all time and would be the biggest FU we could send to the rest of the universe. But we won't say it out loud and we will try not to think about it too much. So yes, I agree losing a game or two would take some pressure off.

Heard some stats analysis was done and the 3-0 team that had the best odds of going undefeated was said to be AZ at something like .9% (of the 2.2% chance anyone does, IIRC)
The Pats are definitely losing to the NYG this year. That team drives me mad. Every time I see them play, I think HOW CAN SUCH A !@^%!@&*%@!%$*^*$ TEAM HAVE BEATEN THE PATS THREE TIMES IN A ROW???? THEY SUCK.

Heard some stats analysis was done and the 3-0 team that had the best odds of going undefeated was said to be AZ at something like .9% (of the 2.2% chance anyone does, IIRC)
The Pats are definitely losing to the NYG this year. That team drives me mad. Every time I see them play, I think HOW CAN SUCH A !@^%!@&*%@!%$*^*$ TEAM HAVE BEATEN THE PATS THREE TIMES IN A ROW???? THEY SUCK.
The Giants are going to get murdered... take it to the bank.:coffee:

Record doesn't matter a whole lot to me. Just get a bye, 1-seed if you can...and I'll take my chances.

This is all I want as well. Let the road to SB Fitty for the AFC rep go through the Razor.

Back