Trip of a lifetime....

This is wonderful and I am a bit jealous. I am still in that 'one day' phase.

Please, keep us updated as you are able. Pictures, stories, whatever, if you have time and connectivity.

Sounds wonderful- been out that way a lot over the years.

Make sure you check out the Oregon coast - the Cannon Beach overlook from Ecola State Park is something you won't forget...!

To give you an idea, untitled-9901.jpgfrom Ecola SP, here's a shot looking south toward Cannon Beach:

I will absolutely check in with pics and updates as time allows. Great that so many are interested and thanks for the kind comments👍

To give you an idea, View attachment 11188from Ecola SP, here's a shot looking south toward Cannon Beach:
And I think it's okay to note that beautiful image is but one an endless stream of beauty all across the united States. While the rest of the world remains forever full of beauty, But many, myself included, can no longer help but be hesitant. Lori and I are thinking looking and planning. Now is the time to revisit our homeland..

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ik3DucYtiw

a guy I knew when I lived in Metro-West did "The Four-Corners Tour" w/ 2 others a few years ago

The Four Corners rules are simple, you have 21 days to ride your motorcycle to these four cities around the country; Blaine, Washington, Madawaska, Maine, Key West, Florida and San Ysidro, California. You may start in any one of the corners, any time of year that you want, taking any route you wish.
data shows that the average rider in 1998 (the 15th year of the event) booked 8,053 miles on the tour, but this figure does NOT include the distance from your home to the first corner and back. Expect a minimum of 8,500 miles round trip on the shortest route. If you want to see more than countless miles of boring interstate highways, plan on adding a 1,000 miles or so to the basic route
took them about 28 days and got them an award :D

ironsmal.gif

best of luck and all kindsa fun patswin 👍👍

a guy I knew when I lived in Metro-West did "The Four-Corners Tour" w/ 2 others a few years ago

took them about 28 days and got them an award :D

View attachment 11189

best of luck and all kindsa fun patswin 👍👍
RG thanks man. I never expected to see an Iron butt logo posted here. I am a member of the Iron Butt Association. The only way to join is to ride 1000 miles in less than 24 hours. 😃 done that more than a few times.

4 corners tour was considered. But July is not the time to try it. Unless you you like roasting in the southern leg of it.

Alk, thanks. We're targeting a bit south of there initially. Rt 20 is the longest highway in the US, it starts in Kenmore Square Boston and goes all the way to Newport OR. 3365 miles. So Newport is our turnaround point and we're trying to stay on Rt 20 as much as we can westbound. It goes through Cleveland and Chicago and we want no part of those so there will be some detours, but once past Chicago... US 20. Other possible detour is Yellowstone area, since 20 goes right through that park and that entrance is closed at least for now.
We have to get to Oregon and then figure out which way home.. up the coast, down the coast, back through SD and the Black Hills.. endless options really, even might do Crater Lake and Glacier NP in Montana. Have to be flexible with forest fire detours and such.
Can't wait, and there will be debacles and challenges I am sure, All part of the deal.
my best vacations have always had a direction, not a destination.

one of the better ones was “north” but I don’t want to rain on your parade.

Funny, I always thought US 6 was the longest, since it starts at P town on the cape and ends on the west coast.

AFAIK, with the exception of a bit in CT, where it’s contiguous with I-84, it’s not an interstate for the duration.

the brother of my high school girlfiend rode it over it’s full lenghth on his motorcycle for that very reason.

something to think about on the way back.

Sounds amazing. Have an awesome time and be safe. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Alk, thanks. We're targeting a bit south of there initially. Rt 20 is the longest highway in the US, it starts in Kenmore Square Boston and goes all the way to Newport OR. 3365 miles. So Newport is our turnaround point and we're trying to stay on Rt 20 as much as we can westbound. It goes through Cleveland and Chicago and we want no part of those so there will be some detours, but once past Chicago... US 20. Other possible detour is Yellowstone area, since 20 goes right through that park and that entrance is closed at least for now.
We have to get to Oregon and then figure out which way home.. up the coast, down the coast, back through SD and the Black Hills.. endless options really, even might do Crater Lake and Glacier NP in Montana. Have to be flexible with forest fire detours and such.
Can't wait, and there will be debacles and challenges I am sure, All part of the deal.
you'll be about 10 mi north of me when you go on 20 through OH in the Mentor area.

The Wyoming part is open...in Yellowstone. The flooding was all in MT.

RG thanks man. I never expected to see an Iron butt logo posted here. I am a member of the Iron Butt Association. The only way to join is to ride 1000 miles in less than 24 hours. 😃 done that more than a few times.

4 corners tour was considered. But July is not the time to try it. Unless you you like roasting in the southern leg of it.
I drove a car 1180 miles in 27hrs and 45minutes last week.
It would’ve been two hours faster if I didn’t take the George Washington Bridge….

Sounds like a good trip. But why not go through Chicago? It's a great city with superb places to eat?

Sounds like a good trip. But why not go through Chicago? It's a great city with superb places to eat?
Reasonable question Roberto. First and foremost it's a city and we like the countryside and backroads. The traffic can be terrible and usually is, it's very expensive to stay in an urban area, and it's difficult at night to secure a motorcycle in a city from people who like to take things that don't belong to them!!

my best vacations have always had a direction, not a destination.

one of the better ones was “north” but I don’t want to rain on your parade.

Funny, I always thought US 6 was the longest, since it starts at P town on the cape and ends on the west coast.

AFAIK, with the exception of a bit in CT, where it’s contiguous with I-84, it’s not an interstate for the duration.

the brother of my high school girlfiend rode it over it’s full lenghth on his motorcycle for that very reason.

something to think about on the way back.
THanks OPT
The route home is TBD but my guess is we will get into that last few days and decide we want to get the hell home, and we will end up on I-90 booking big mile days! That's my theory anyway.

Back