Week 3 Game Thread- New England at NY Jets @1:00 PM

Guys, I don't know what is happening. This team has a lot of talent but everything looks out of sync with the offense. I wonder if BoB is not resonating with some of the guys. I can't understand why this team is only averaging 16 ppt a game. The fourth quarter yesterday was some of the worst football I have ever seen with all the penalties to literally try to give the game to the Jets twice.

It was really hard to judge the defense because Wilson was so bad, just so bad. I saw receivers open on crosses and down the field but the kid just won't pull the trigger for fear of throwing a pick. How he took that safety in the end zone and didn't get rid of that ball is some of the worst situational football you will ever seen.

Well, it's on to the Cowboys who lost to AZ so they will be looking at our game to get back on track. I know they had a team meeting last week maybe they need to do another one this week.

Also, because I got the Sunday ticket this year, I was able to watch a fair amount of both the Bills and Miami games. Right now, IMO the Fins are the best team in football. That offensive explosion was something to behold. They have playmakers literally everywhere. Their defense is also really, really good. That was a beat down that has not been seen in the NFL since the 30s. The Bills really surprised me as their defense just shut the Commanders down. I really thought Howell was playing well heading into that game and they toyed with him all day. The Commnaders also have a reall good defense IMO and the Bills just took them apart.

Next weeks game with Miami traveling to Buffalo is HUGE for the division. If the Fins take that game, they will be 2 up on the Bills both record-wise and in the division with a game in hand h-to-h and the next meeting in South Florida. IMO, this is a must win for the Bills this early in the season to ensure the division does not get away from them in the first month.

Guys, I don't know what is happening. This team has a lot of talent but everything looks out of sync with the offense. I wonder if BoB is not resonating with some of the guys. I can't understand why this team is only averaging 16 ppt a game. The fourth quarter yesterday was some of the worst football I have ever seen with all the penalties to literally try to give the game to the Jets twice.

It was really hard to judge the defense because Wilson was so bad, just so bad. I saw receivers open on crosses and down the field but the kid just won't pull the trigger for fear of throwing a pick. How he took that safety in the end zone and didn't get rid of that ball is some of the worst situational football you will ever seen.

Well, it's on to the Cowboys who lost to AZ so they will be looking at our game to get back on track. I know they had a team meeting last week maybe they need to do another one this week.

It's a lot of things. The o-line isn't the greatest at this point so that doesn't help. Mac just can't push the ball with the velocity needed to allow his receivers to make plays at times. I saw it clearly yesterday that the ball gets there a potato or 2 to slow. It just does. Once in a while he can rifle one in, but that's usually when he is throwing straight in from of him say, 20 degrees left or right of center. That matters and could make the difference between a completion or a breakup.

JuJu is a shell of himself, which is highly concerning. I'd sub Boutte in for JuJu at this point because if you are going to get nothing, I'd rather have the new guy giving me nothing. I'm not a cap guy but don't know what would happen if you trade or even release him. They really, really need Pop or Boutte to develop and develop quickly. If they don't, with Macs limitations, it will be a hard road.

It's a lot of things. The o-line isn't the greatest at this point so that doesn't help. Mac just can't push the ball with the velocity needed to allow his receivers to make plays at times. I saw it clearly yesterday that the ball gets there a potato or 2 to slow. It just does. Once in a while he can rifle one in, but that's usually when he is throwing straight in from of him say, 20 degrees left or right of center. That matters and could make the difference between a completion or a breakup.

JuJu is a shell of himself, which is highly concerning. I'd sub Boutte in for JuJu at this point because if you are going to get nothing, I'd rather have the new guy giving me nothing. I'm not a cap guy but don't know what would happen if you trade or even release him. They really, really need Pop or Boutte to develop and develop quickly. If they don't, with Macs limitations, it will be a hard road.
I thought the line was really good yesterday especially against that front. I don't know what it is. Mac really does not throw with anticipation much. He always looks a little skittish in the pocket too. I just don't understand the penalties.

How about Speedy Gonzalez, he's playing very well as a rookie. With all the injuries that we have at that position, he's been solid for us.
Very much so. I was a little hard on him during camp, but man oh man is he showing the genius of that pic.

I thought the line was really good yesterday especially against that front. I don't know what it is. Mac really does not throw with anticipation much. He always looks a little skittish in the pocket too. I just don't understand the penalties.
come on Mazz....the only thing missing from the word salad above was:

I like peanut butter, do you skate on your walk to school or carry your books?

do better, --- no Romo-ing please :)

In Macs defense, last year was a nightmare so I am sure he has bad habits. At least he doesn't fall down all by himself like suck bag Wilson. I wouldn't say he does't throw without anticipation, it's just he doesn't do it enough. Meaning, he has some here or there but he was so used to having his college WRs running free. I mean he was throwing to the Heisman winner and a legit grade A NFL reliever, not to mention Metchie, Waddle and others.

I don't know if he has adapted to the tight windows of the NFL on a consistent basis. NFL open is not college open and a ton of QBs have struggled with that.

In Macs defense, last year was a nightmare so I am sure he has bad habits. At least he doesn't fall down all by himself like suck bag Wilson. I wouldn't say he does't throw without anticipation, it's just he doesn't do it enough. Meaning, he has some here or there but he was so used to having his college WRs running free. I mean he was throwing to the Heisman winner and a legit grade A NFL reliever, not to mention Metchie, Waddle and others.

I don't know if he has adapted to the tight windows of the NFL on a consistent basis. NFL open is not college open and a ton of QBs have struggled with that.
parker is sort of the 50-50 ball guy and they haven't connected much lately. there were times last year it looked like mac was forcing it to him to try to make that happen,with not much success. i do think that guys like mac who are more cerebral than physically gifted suffer more from the dwindling practice time in the nfl.

I'm not surprised at your reaction since it is at least understandable in this case. That is what most everybody is saying, after all.

And predictably I could suggest that any HC would try to pile up the points until the game is totally out of reach, but I don't believe Bill cares for that approach or
hasn't since 2007.

As a refresher, since that was a long time ago, we were doing to teams exactly what Miami did yesterday. Just overwhelm them with talent and outstanding execution, but,
in the end, the team started to give half-hearted efforts figuring they were simply superior and that is very likely going to happen to the Dolphins, because it is human nature to
follow the path of least resistance if you think you can get away with it.

Ever since then I have theorized that Bill has a point where he thinks we have the game in hand and that point is way earlier than everybody else thinks it should be. Yes,
I actually believe he puts his finger on the scale and keeps the games artificially close through predictable play-calling or curious personnel usage in order to train his guys
in the art, perhaps the unquantifiable art, of closing out close games. Peaking at the right time to learn HOW to win when you have to make a play.

Of course, I never could prove that in a Court of Law or even at a beer-fueled firepit session with friends, but it is something I have witnessed and sensed dozens of times over the years
and it can be frustrating as hell, because nothing feels safer than an old-fashioned ass-kicking. I prefer a nice security blanket and so does everybody else. Brinksmanship isn't for the feint of heart and I was squirming a bit over the last few minutes, but figured it was going to be a W. I believe the reason we went dormant in the 2nd half when we had done the opposite against two
top teams in the first two games was that it was deliberate. The more I've thought about it the more I believe that I'm correct. Bill calculated the odds of the Jets scoring enough to' beat us in that crappy weather, figured he liked those odds and went into a vanilla shell offense. He used the 2nd half of that game as a form of teaching drill. I believe he does that fairly often.

It's nothing new and is an important part of all the trophies, or at least the ones during the 2nd phase of Patriot dynasty. What we're seeing now is the formative stages of the 3rd dynasty
and I feel pretty good about the blocks we have in place even now and it's going to get better. What we did to stifle that offense with 3 missing Joneses in the backfield was little
short of spectacular. What can we accomplish with them back in the lineup and Gonzalez getting better by the week? We played man-to-man with the bottom of the roster and
also managed to destroy their ground game in the process. That was last year's star RB averaging a click over one yard and only the rope-a-drop 2nd half got them over a hundred
yards through the air.

Now feel free to hammer me for suggesting such nonsense and heresy, but I ask you to keep it in the back of your mind going forward. Just watch what happens when we jump out to a lead with the strategy and personnel is all I'm asking. Bill loves it when his team closes out a close game more than he loves oxygen and he thinks these guys are going to be really
good.

That Jets D is also really good, but we had them on the ropes at times and may well have won by double digits if that was the endgame. Mike McDaniel is a bright, likeable guy who has a precision machine going at the moment, but let's see how long they can stay interested and keep it sustained over the course of the season when everybody is telling you that you are the greatest thing ever. It ain't about the first 4 games, it's all about the last 4 and that is a very hard lesson to learn.

Last edited:
Congrats. What an absolute shit show the Jets are. I think overall, JD has done a great job but how he could let the OL be this bad is criminal, Aaron Rodgers would struggle behind that line. Play calling by Hackett is just awful as well and Zach is clearly just terrible.

parker is sort of the 50-50 ball guy and they haven't connected much lately. there were times last year it looked like mac was forcing it to him to try to make that happen,with not much success. i do think that guys like mac who are more cerebral than physically gifted suffer more from the dwindling practice time in the nfl.

That is a point worth pondering for sure.

Congrats. What an absolute shit show the Jets are. I think overall, JD has done a great job but how he could let the OL be this bad is criminal, Aaron Rodgers would struggle behind that line. Play calling by Hackett is just awful as well and Zach is clearly just terrible.

I think with Rodgers, they win against the Pats, but it wouldn't be as big a victory as one would think. The Jets aren't going to be in a position for Rodgers to even attempt to play at the end of the year. Problem is they get a better draft pick, say maybe an offensive lineman and maybe things change. I dunno, I don't like that outcome very much.

not sure this is as much a jd thing as it is the shit amount of practice time they have now. of all the units/position groups,the ol needs the most time as a unit to be good,imo. hackett may be the biggest culprit if he isn't trying to adjust playcalling based on the ol.

I'm not surprised at your reaction since it is at least understandable in this case. That is what most everybody is saying, after all.

And predictably I could suggest that any HC would try to pile up the points until the game is totally out of reach, but I don't believe Bill cares for that approach or
hasn't since 2007.

As a refresher, since that was a long time ago, we were doing to teams exactly what Miami did yesterday. Just overwhelm them with talent and outstanding execution, but,
in the end, the team started to give half-hearted efforts figuring they were simply superior and that is very likely going to happen to the Dolphins, because it is human nature to
follow the path of least resistance if you think you can get away with it.

Ever since then I have theorized that Bill has a point where he thinks we have the game in hand and that point is way earlier than everybody else thinks it should be. Yes,
I actually believe he puts his finger on the scale and keeps the games artificially close through predictable play-calling or curious personnel usage in order to train his guys
in the art, perhaps the unquantifiable art, of closing out close games. Peaking at the right time to learn HOW to win when you have to make a play.

Of course, I never could prove that in a Court of Law or even at a beer-fueled firepit session with friends, but it is something I have witnessed and sensed dozens of times over the years
and it can be frustrating as hell, because nothing feels safer than an old-fashioned ass-kicking. I prefer a nice security blanket and so does everybody else. Brinksmanship isn't for the feint of heart and I was squirming a bit over the last few minutes, but figured it was going to be a W. I believe the reason we went dormant in the 2nd half when we had done the opposite against two
top teams in the first two games was that it was deliberate. The more I've thought about it the more I believe that I'm correct. Bill calculated the odds of the Jets scoring enough to' beat us in that crappy weather, figured he liked those odds and went into a vanilla shell offense. He used the 2nd half of that game as a form of teaching drill. I believe he does that fairly often.

It's nothing new and is an important part of all the trophies, or at least the ones during the 2nd phase of Patriot dynasty. What we're seeing now is the formative stages of the 3rd dynasty
and I feel pretty good about the blocks we have in place even now and it's going to get better. What we did to stifle that offense with 3 missing Joneses in the backfield was little
short of spectacular. What can we accomplish with them back in the lineup and Gonzalez getting better by the week? We played man-to-man with the bottom of the roster and
also managed to destroy their ground game in the process. That was last year's star RB averaging a click over one yard and only the rope-a-drop 2nd half got them over a hundred
yards through the air.

Now feel free to hammer me for suggesting such nonsense and heresy, but I ask you to keep it in the back of your mind going forward. Just watch what happens when we jump out to a lead with the strategy and personnel is all I'm asking. Bill loves it when his team closes out a close game more than he loves oxygen and he thinks these guys are going to be really
good.

That Jets D is also really good, but we had them on the ropes at times and may well have won by double digits if that was the endgame. Mike McDaniel is a bright, likeable guy who has a precision machine going at the moment, but let's see how long they can stay interested and keep it sustained over the course of the season when everybody is telling you that you are the greatest thing ever. It ain't about the first 4 games, it's all about the last 4 and that is a very hard lesson to learn.
i freaking love this thought!!

Apparently it was wet yesterday…not every week will be this way. A win is a win.

Also, because I got the Sunday ticket this year, I was able to watch a fair amount of both the Bills and Miami games. Right now, IMO the Fins are the best team in football. That offensive explosion was something to behold. They have playmakers literally everywhere. Their defense is also really, really good. That was a beat down that has not been seen in the NFL since the 30s. The Bills really surprised me as their defense just shut the Commanders down. I really thought Howell was playing well heading into that game and they toyed with him all day. The Commnaders also have a reall good defense IMO and the Bills just took them apart.

Next weeks game with Miami traveling to Buffalo is HUGE for the division. If the Fins take that game, they will be 2 up on the Bills both record-wise and in the division with a game in hand h-to-h and the next meeting in South Florida. IMO, this is a must win for the Bills this early in the season to ensure the division does not get away from them in the first month.
You’re not a Redskins fan anymore? You were just fawning over them last week.

Gonzo is the real deal. It's nuts how smooth he is, and seemingly, how smart he is. Can't wait for more in depth breakdowns.

Gonzo Jets

You’re not a Redskins fan anymore? You were just fawning over them last week.
racist wonder showzen GIF
:coffee:

Back