Week 3 Game Thread- New England at NY Jets @1:00 PM

Congrats. What an absolute shit show the Jets are. I think overall, JD has done a great job but how he could let the OL be this bad is criminal, Aaron Rodgers would struggle behind that line. Play calling by Hackett is just awful as well and Zach is clearly just terrible.
I feel bad for you, man. We experienced this in 2008 when the Pats probably would have gone 13-3 and seriously contended for a SB; I don't wish that feeling up anyone.

I was at the grocery store and listening to the game in my car. Only a few minutes in. Between when I got out of my car and into the house, Brady's knee had been blown to bits. Season over before I never saw a live snap.

When you've got a quarterback committing self-Sackrifice (note the word play; that's the Old Balls difference), it saves your guys a lot of wear and tear, and deserves to be appreciated.

:beer: :rofl:

Guys, I don't know what is happening. This team has a lot of talent but everything looks out of sync with the offense. I wonder if BoB is not resonating with some of the guys. I can't understand why this team is only averaging 16 ppt a game. The fourth quarter yesterday was some of the worst football I have ever seen with all the penalties to literally try to give the game to the Jets twice.

It was really hard to judge the defense because Wilson was so bad, just so bad. I saw receivers open on crosses and down the field but the kid just won't pull the trigger for fear of throwing a pick. How he took that safety in the end zone and didn't get rid of that ball is some of the worst situational football you will ever seen.

Well, it's on to the Cowboys who lost to AZ so they will be looking at our game to get back on track. I know they had a team meeting last week maybe they need to do another one this week.
I think the defense has a lot of talent, but I'm not at all convinced about the offense having a lot of talent. It seems to be (at best) mediocre. We won't know for sure though, until the o-line gets it's act together. As long as they don't turn the ball over, the defense can win us some games, though.

Also, because I got the Sunday ticket this year, I was able to watch a fair amount of both the Bills and Miami games. Right now, IMO the Fins are the best team in football. That offensive explosion was something to behold. They have playmakers literally everywhere. Their defense is also really, really good. That was a beat down that has not been seen in the NFL since the 30s. The Bills really surprised me as their defense just shut the Commanders down. I really thought Howell was playing well heading into that game and they toyed with him all day. The Commnaders also have a reall good defense IMO and the Bills just took them apart.

Next weeks game with Miami traveling to Buffalo is HUGE for the division. If the Fins take that game, they will be 2 up on the Bills both record-wise and in the division with a game in hand h-to-h and the next meeting in South Florida. IMO, this is a must win for the Bills this early in the season to ensure the division does not get away from them in the first month.

Mazz, mazz mazz.....Put that Fins team in front of the 49ers and watch what would happen.

In all seriousness, I don't understand why the Jets haven't signed one of the vets like Matt Ryan or even Carson Wentz. They don't really
have a passable option in Tim Boyle or why wouldn't they have made the switch already? I don't know who is left, but somebody must
be able to manage a game.

The cow has left the barn already and they are now in a position of signing a vet and losing for that much longer because they
didn't have the stones to make a move in the best interests of the team as soon as the Rodgers inury was confirmed.

Sure......they didn't want to not show faith in the kid, but you can't just let him suck it up all season. They blew the
2nd pick in the Draft. It happens, so cut your losses and move on.

If they don't make a move this week then I think they are even more dysfunctional than we can guess at. It's very irresponsible to
the fanbase.

In all seriousness, I don't understand why the Jets haven't signed one of the vets like Matt Ryan or even Carson Wentz. They don't really
have a passable option in Tim Boyle or why wouldn't they have made the switch already? I don't know who is left, but somebody must

The cow has left the barn already and they are now in a position of signing a vet and losing for that much longer because they
didn't have the stones to make a move in the best interests of the team as soon as the Rodgers inury was confirmed.

Sure......they didn't want to not show faith in the kid, but you can't just let him suck it up all season. They blew the

If they don't make a move this week then I think they are even more dysfunctional than we can guess at. It's very irresponsible to
the fanbase.
I'm ok with it :)

the fanbase.

I know this is gonna sound a little crazy, but it's the Jets so I'll say it:

What if the Jets have a side agreement with Aaron Rodgers that disallows them from picking up a veteran QB this year? Imagine a nightmare scenario for AR where he gets hurt (as he has done) and the Jets pick up Matt Ryan or Carson Wentz, who along. with that defense takes them to the promised land this season.

What's left for Rodgers next season?

the fanbase.
ryan isn't interested.
there was an offer to chad henne and likewise

i've read conflicting info on wentz:he's contacted them,they aren't interested

the fanbase.
Maybe the plan is to tank, and then draft one next year?

Keion White was in for only 17 snaps yesterday, but he had 2 QB pressures and a tackle.
I couldn't remember seeing him so I looked it up.

What we did to stifle that offense with 3 missing Joneses in the backfield was little
short of spectacular. What can we accomplish with them back in the lineup and Gonzalez getting better by the week? We played man-to-man with the bottom of the roster and
also managed to destroy their ground game in the process. That was last year's star RB averaging a click over one yard and only the rope-a-drop 2nd half got them over a hundred
yards through the air.
This, and this is getting ignored. The Jets offense, with ZOMG Breece Hall and ZOMG Dalvin Cook, combined for 20 carries for 36 yards yesterday. I'm old enough to remember 3 weeks ago, people squawking that the Patriots couldn't stop the run.

The Jets want to run the ball, even with Aaron Rodgers as their QB. You should be able to run power and wham for 2 ypc with even the scrubbiest scrubs on the offensive line against any front. Couldn't do it. Jets' o-line is bad, but there are more than zero first round picks on that line.

In back to back weeks, he's locked down Tyreek Hill and Garrett Wilson with ZERO help on the other side at the boundary.
He is special.

I know this is gonna sound a little crazy, but it's the Jets so I'll say it:

What if the Jets have a side agreement with Aaron Rodgers that disallows them from picking up a veteran QB this year? Imagine a nightmare scenario for AR where he gets hurt (as he has done) and the Jets pick up Matt Ryan or Carson Wentz, who along. with that defense takes them to the promised land this season.

What's left for Rodgers next season?

A high draft pick, maybe top 5 that nets them something major? No QB that they could pick up will be able to get them where they want to go anyways, so you might be right on something like that because it makes no sense to stay with suck bag Wilson.

Back