Week 3 Game Thread- New England at NY Jets @1:00 PM

dude who was yelling so loud that his teeth fell out...🤣
View attachment 18928

The crowd shots, outside of the ridiculous Fireman Ed (the attention whore), were pretty entertaining. Sitting in that rain watching a total shitshow performance from
the 2nd pick in the Draft. Outside of one fine drive we had them smothered all day long. I saw one guy sitting there soaked with a grimace on his face. The Jets had
just picked up a rare first down, but he wasn't fooled and the guy sort of circled his can of spirits in a "whoopedy-do" gesture -- which cracked me right up.

The guy losing his dentures, though.......that one is going to go down in history.

I almost feel bad for them, but I just can't convince myself to go there.

I haven't seen any of the postgame stuff from their locker room yet, but I imagine it will really be something. It's not often you see an open mutiny towards a coaching
staff during the 3rd game, but after watching Hard Knocks I can't say that I'm shocked.

I wonder what clip from "Goldmember/Austin Powers" Hackett will play for the team (which is his thing) to loosen them up after watching the film from that disaster. Maybe this
one:

View: https://youtu.be/4EBxTwLhjec?si=ZJDrhWbEUzTX3s2A

Last edited:
The Jets had
just picked up a rare first down, but he wasn't fooled and the guy sort of circled his can of spirits in a "whoopedy-do" gesture -- which cracked me right up.
I saw that, I was laughing at that as well. It was so cynical and jaded :rofl:

other than the TV shots of anger & misery in the stands of the Jets fans I had to laff out loud when during a lull in "the action" of another NYJ 3 & out, Jim Nantz was totally giddy w/ excitement in proclaiming he & Tony would be broadcasting the Miami @ Buffalo game next week

I love it when even Nantz can't professionally muster enthusiasm for a NFL for-shit broadcast product enfolding before his eyes when his job is to keep viewers tuned in to the next 3-5 set of repetitive advertising content

other than the TV shots of anger & misery in the stands of the Jets fans I had to laff out loud when during a lull in "the action" of another NYJ 3 & out, Jim Nantz was totally giddy w/ excitement in proclaiming he & Tony would be broadcasting the Miami @ Buffalo game next week

I love it when even Nantz can't professionally muster enthusiasm for a NFL for-shit broadcast product enfolding before his eyes when his job is to keep viewers tuned in to the next 3-5 set of repetitive advertising content

That was funny, "You know here we are next week Tony??? At Miami v Buffalo!!!!!!"

You can imagine the producer in his ear..

'Eh, Jim? We still have 2 quarters to go here...at least try and sound interested..."

Nantz and Romo were so cringe-worthy yesterday that I kept reaching for my clicker to shut the sound off, but was worried
that I might miss something useful. Next time I'll know better because that ship has sailed.

It's been noted many times, but I still can't wrap my head around the precipitous crash through the floorboards that is Babblin' Tony's career.

He was really good his first two seasons and now he seems barely aware that there is a game in progress, nor can he seem to sort out the basic concepts
of commenting on it. The method he employs now is to use a blizzard of disjointed words in hope that some of them, by pure accident, might make
sense.

My brain was so repulsed by most of his weird ramblings that I instantly erased them from memory, but one I still recall was when he started praising Myles Bryant for
being a fine player. I screamed "NOOOOOOOO!!!!!" at the TV knowing that he was jinxing a relatively decent performance and, as if on cue, Bryant whiffed on a tackle and even
Zack seemed to sense that something had changed and started targeting Myles Away. It was like saying "Beetlejuice" out loud.

I'm actually starting to wonder for real whether Romo has wet brain or CTE.

I have liked Tony in the past and felt if he was on a different team with a different OC he would have done better.

Now that he is the booth I am forever yelling at the tv. Like you, I want to mute but don't want to miss something. Yesterday he said, IMHO, nothing worthy of me listening to. He use to be good in the booth but now it is just pure, "What the hell, Tony?"

Nantz and Romo were so cringe-worthy yesterday that I kept reaching for my clicker to shut the sound off, but was worried
that I might miss something useful. Next time I'll know better because that ship has sailed.

It's been noted many times, but I still can't wrap my head around the precipitous crash through the floorboards that is Babblin' Tony's career.

He was really good his first two seasons and now he seems barely aware that there is a game in progress, nor can he seem to sort out the basic concepts

of commenting on it. The method he employs now is to use a blizzard of disjointed words in hope that some of them, by pure accident, might make
sense.

My brain was so repulsed by most of his weird ramblings that I instantly erased them from memory, but one I still recall was when he started praising Myles Bryant for
being a fine player. I screamed "NOOOOOOOO!!!!!" at the TV knowing that he was jinxing a relatively decent performance and, as if on cue, Bryant whiffed on a tackle and even
Zack seemed to sense that something had changed and started targeting Myles Away. It was like saying "Beetlejuice" out loud.

I'm actually starting to wonder for real whether Romo has wet brain or CTE.

(y)(y) & :lol::rofl: Hawg

Romo's last exemplary broadcast to me was the 2019 AFCCG Pats @ KC OT win moving the NEP to SB #6

his calling out how (at the line of scrimmage) Brady could (and would) go to Edelman & Gronk down the stretch to win the game was tactical NFL prescience personified

However WHEN CBS in February (2021) extended its contract with Romo, reportedly offering him $17 million annually (per Andrew Marchand of the New York Post)

Marchand later clarified his report, saying the deal is worth $17.5 annually — or $18 million when considering "all the perks."
That deal is worth more, annually, than the entirety of his rookie contract at CBS: $10 million over three years

it says here, when that 2021 $1MM per game (+/-) annually contract kicked in, Tony became a slave to the CBS suits and the weird ramblings instead of cogent thoughtful analysis became his weekly norm :titus:

Last edited:
Back