Who is the second best HC in the NFL?

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
Previously I would have said Coughlin, and then maybe Ariens, but Coughlin is gone, and Ariens isn't looking quite as good any longer.

What do you think? Of the current NFL head coaches, who is second best?

Wow, that's like picking the hottest girl at the Jenny Craig party. For real, though, I'd go with Sean Payton.

Good question...seeing as the majority of them seem to be a bunch of clowns (no offense)

Cheaty Petey seems to be doing a solid job in Seattle, but let's see what it looks like if Wilson misses any time.

I'm a big Sean Peyton fan generally, but they seem to be allergic to defense down there so it's hard to go that route.

Maybe Riverboat Ron?

Tomlin, McCarthy, Fox if you listen to MNF-type analysis.

Also, let's not forget Dan Campbell ... he was inches from dethroning BB :coffee:

Yeah, Zimmer is doing a pretty good job. I'm a Payton fan, but as mentioned, defense fail.

Rivera would be my first choice.

Hard to leave Kubiak out of the discussion. All-world defense or not, he basically one a SB with a tackling dummy and a slingshot behind C.

There is absolutely no one that I can see even being mentioned int he same breath as BB, however.

As much as it sucks to say it - John Harbaugh

A guy who doesn't even know the rule book?

Not even close. I'd take Tomlin or Kubiak over this idiot. Hell, I'd take Pagano over this fool.

Hard to leave Kubiak out of the discussion. All-world defense or not, he basically one a SB with a tackling dummy and a slingshot behind C.

There is absolutely no one that I can see even being mentioned int he same breath as BB, however.

Without Wade Phillips running the defense...Kubiak doesn't get a ring last year.

I know this isn't popular, but Harbaugh does a good job with what he has down there.

I know this isn't popular, but Harbaugh does a good job with what he has down there.

It's the same thing every year...9-7, 2nd WC. Considering the amount of input he has into personnel decisions, he's either really unlucky or an idiot...I'm inclined to go with idiot.

If you want to make a list of overrated coaches, his name belongs at the top of that list.

Back