1st Game Post-Mortem: Who's Gone?

I don't think anyone played themselves out of a job last night, but Edelman, Chung and Sea Bass made a solid push for a roster spot.

Without a doubt, and I'm sure Butler will be there, too. Pretty sure Big Ol' Myron will make it, too.

This list looks about right. The fact that Hoyer will get to collect a check on this squad w/practice squad is nauseating. Hell, I'd take a sabbatical to QB the practice squad for a year. I can give a better look than Hoyer.

Eliis green can not play on the pratice squad since he played a lot of games for the pats last year. SO there going to have to cut him or keep him on the active roster. The rest I agree with.

I refuse to participate in this mean spirited thread. These young men have families who care for their paychecks deeply.

Seeing that Patriots fans are using them are some kind of chess pieces must cause them great anxiety.

I've never been a big fan of James Sanders but I think he sticks for one more year.

Yuh. For reasons mystifying to me, the average civilian fan :), BB seems to really like this guy. He'll stick for shore.

He showed why last night. As I said in another thread he knows how and what to do but seems inconsistent.

This. This is why I keep coming back here. I love the preseason banter and the "expertise" of many of the veteran posters here. Thanks.

I agree that Sanders is overrated and I can't recall him having made many really good plays over the years. But if you believe BB's commentary on him (glowing), he's not going anywhere.

Andrew Walker looked pretty bad to me but again, I doubt that he's going anywhere.

Last, let me join the chorus on Woods and Alexander. They both suck.

I agree that Sanders is overrated and I can't recall him having made many really good plays over the years. But if you believe BB's commentary on him (glowing), he's not going anywhere.

Andrew Walker looked pretty bad to me but again, I doubt that he's going anywhere.

Last, let me join the chorus on Woods and Alexander. They both suck.

Sanders is tits. Full of win.

Walter sucks.

fail-owned-hair-salon-win.jpg

They just re-rupped my man Sanders for 3 years IIRC. BB has nothing but great things to say about the kid. He plays solidly 98% of the time he's out on the field, and yet all folks can remember are the few times he's taken poor angles on deep balls. :shrug:

Probably the same with Brace and Butler. I can't see BB cutting a 2nd rounder without at least a year in the system (Johnson and Jackson are examples.)

I think all the 2nds are all locks. Not only because of their draft position alone, which would make it tough to cut them, but because of their performances for far. All are seeing significant reps and all played well the other night. These are exciting times.

Wheatly was not very good. Alexander will remain a special teamer if he is still on the team.

Butler also did not look good, but that was probably the usual rookie learning the BB system probs.

<<
I saw nothing from Baker that I haven't seen from Watson...
>>

I did, Baker actually caught the ball instead of having the dropsies. Will take more than one game to prove that he can do so consistently however.

Back