If you were an NFL player, would you rather win a superbowl or make the hall of fame?

Ring, without a doubt. If your biggest love is of individual honors, I would think you should play an individual sport like tennis.

Besides, the HOF is pretty much the Hall of Players who the Media Loves Best for Whatever Reason.

Ask Matt Forte...

...oh, that's right, it will be neither in his case

Ring.

Don't wear much jewelry (wedding ring only) but to be a part of something that special? Definitely give me the ring.

This is a tough one for me. Would I think any more of John Hannah, if he got a ring? I don't think so.

The HOF is a much more exclusive club, but then again, you play to win.

Hmm... Let me think about it some more.

:shrug_n:

Would definitely be the ring. That's a team thing, and I'm sure these guys who win, never forget that year and the friends from that team. Hall Of Fame must feel great, but that's a solo award, the ring includes everyone on that team experiencing greatness together.

There are only 295 members of the HOF over the history of the NFL. It's a very limited number who get recognized as being HOF material. The truly greats.

There are a lot of SB rings out there. Look who gets a ring each year.

• Every member of the active roster
  • The coaching staff
  • The entire front office and ownership
  • The cheerleaders get rings depending on ownership's decision. But it has been the tradition lately for cheerleaders to get rings.
  • Injured Reserve and practice squad get rings if their team decides to give them out to them. Usually they do.
  • Also, in some cases, players traded during the season will get them too, if they suited up and played during they regular season. This is also by ownership's decision
To sum up, the ownership pays for all the rings and decides who receives them. The list above shows the norm. http://sports.stackexchange.com/questions/2205/who-gets-super-bowl-rings

HOF is much more exclusive and points to you as an all-time great. Something to consider when you realize cheerleaders get a SB ring these days.

Where's the poll?

If my first name is Peyton, it's the HOF.

If my first name is Tom, it's the ring.

Another thing to consider. The HoF is a result of a great career. A ring is a team achievement and every single player plays to win the RING. That is not to say the HoF is something a player would not badly desire but if it is an either/or, it is the ring. Marino has said time and again he always wished he had that feeling of being a champion and he is considered one of the greatest QBs of all time.

Fans are so adorable.

HOF and it's not even close.

If I start my hall of fame career tomorrow, when I'm done my children's children's children will be set up for life. My name will live on for as long as football is a thing.

If I'm some 3rd string jabronie on a team that happens to win a Super Bowl all I get are a glorified class ring and brain trauma.

Another thing to consider. The HoF is a result of a great career. A ring is a team achievement and every single player plays to win the RING. That is not to say the HoF is something a player would not badly desire but if it is an either/or, it is the ring. Marino has said time and again he always wished he had that feeling of being a champion and he is considered one of the greatest QBs of all time.

Whose career would you rather have? Dan Marino or Dan Klecko?

Whose career would you rather have? Dan Marino or Dan Klecko?

Per your previous post, there are a ton of HoF players that are penniless and their kids have nothing. NFL players piss away their money faster than they piss. Second, you say HoF players live on forever, how many of them can you name? There are probably a hundred or more that most folks don't even know are in there.

I would rather have Klecko and the rings and if you asked Marino, he would trade in the HoF to have beaten Montana in 1984. He would have made a bigger mark in the game beating the QB who many consider the GOAT. Just like Eli will always be remembered most for beating Brady twice rather than the HoF, assuming he gets in.

Per your previous post, there are a ton of HoF players that are penniless and their kids have nothing. NFL players piss away their money faster than they piss. Second, you say HoF players live on forever, how many of them can you name? There are probably a hundred or more that most folks don't even know are in there.

I would rather have Klecko and the ring and if you asked Marino, he would trade in the HoF to have beaten Montana in 1984. He would have made a bigger mark in the game beating the QB who many consider the GOAT. Just like Eli will always be remembered most for beating Brady twice rather than the HoF, assuming he gets in.

Couple of things:

1. I'm not going to piss my money away.
2. Even if not everyone remembers me, I've got a bust in Canton where only the legends of the game are able to play.
3. Stop thinking like a fan. This is your job. You're essentially arguing you'd rather spend one year in the mail room of the top company in your field vs being one of the best employees ever to walk the earth.
4. Eli will also be remembered as a hero to the Down's syndrome community for proving you can still achieve your dreams even with Down's.

Back