Kraft ask Goodell for draft picks back

He's a hothead and nowhere near as disciplined as his father.
I've seen him act like a complete jackass on the sidelines of his son's football games , yelling at the refs and coaches, walking the sidelines, etc.

So what you are saying is for all of us that are killing Bob right now, we will be crying in our milk when he is gone? :***:

Jonathon will just create a division and more bad will between the Patriots and the rest of the league.

IMO, Robert created division, and simply didn't know it, until Deflategate happened. Then he found out how many allies he had.

That would be, approximately, no one.

FWIW, I'm in no way, shape, or form, looking forward to Jon Jon taking over for his father. However Robert effed things up pretty badly, long ago, by going after Jones, Snider, an others, and not creating allies, and now we see how it bit him in the butt.

This has been nothing more than payback, and the illusion of Kraft being influential with the other owners, has finally ended.

No shit.

I still think this was all about LA. Kraft needed to be cut off at the knees and Jerrah did it. I don't know if it was opportunism or planned from the get go but I'm sure Jerrah could have gotten the Colts on board for a bottle of percs and half an eight ball.
I think it was payback, for Kraft going after Jones, Snyder, and others, back in the last year (supposedly uncapped) of the prior CBA. Jones, took uncapped, to mean, uncapped. So he spent a lot in the last year. Kraft convinced other owners to come up with an "unwritten" cap for that year. In the first year of the next CBA, the owners got the Unions to go along with them punishing the Cowboys and the Redskins (by reducing their cap amount, and totally screwing up the rosters).

It was BS, as uncapped does mean uncapped, and now we're seeing the payback.

Can you explain why he's a powder keg?
see below

He's a hothead and nowhere near as disciplined as his father.
I've seen him act like a complete jackass on the sidelines of his son's football games , yelling at the refs and coaches, walking the sidelines, etc.
exactly, spoiled little brat owner who never worked a day.

IMO, Robert created division, and simply didn't know it, until Deflategate happened. Then he found out how many allies he had.

FWIW, I'm in no way, shape, or form, looking forward to Jon Jon taking over for his father. However Robert effed things up pretty badly, long ago, by going after Jones, Snider, an others, and not creating allies, and now we see how it bit him in the butt.

This has been nothing more than payback, and the illusion of Kraft being influential with the other owners, has finally ended.
I agree Bobby screwed up but the division was because they kept winning as much as playing Deputy Fife to Goodell's sheriff.

Kraft got along too good with the players, that added to the friction.

BUT JOHNNY BOY is going to suck.

I sort of agree, because I don't think he has any real leverage now, but think he had tons of that when he was negotiating the last TV deal or helping broker a deal with the NFLPA.

I think that these owners are, despite already being filth rich, greedy in the way of most Billionaires where it isn't so much about what you can spend, but more about the chase. These guys only get off on making stacks and as long as Bob was helping them get paid he was their best friend. That's how they keep score, not winning football games.

Once the ink is dry that influence wears off fast and they start courting a new best friend. Like Stan Kroenke and his LA big deal, for instance.

I used to think that NFL owners were focused more on winning, but I now think of them more like fat pigs at a deep trough. It's sick, really and nobody embodies that more than Jerry Jones does. He's like a five-dollar hooker on dollar day.

I still like Bob Kraft as a person for the most part, I don't blame him too much for screwing up Deflategate like most, but I don't think he's all that different than the rest of them. Just a little bit nicer and more judicious in what he says. Bob's a whore, too.

I still believe that Kraft has a case to be made, (even in a losing effort), that he does not need new evidence, because the team has never been accused of or found to be guilty of anything to do with the air pressure of footballs. I would sue in civil court, the NFL, Goodell and all the owners individually, if for no other reason than to get disclosure. I want to see Jones' and Goodells' phone and text records.

Do they think this is the last TV deal they will ever negotiate or the last labor squabble they will find themselves in.

IMO, Robert ought to tell them, in no uncertain terms, that the next time they get their collective tits stuck in a ringer he is going to grab a front row seat and a bag of popcorn and watch them fumble over themselves.

He can make that point eminently clear by saying, "I resign my position on the TV Committee and nominate in my place Pill-Head Irsay. Gentlemen, thank you for making me feel so welcome in a league that I love. I wish you all much success in your future negotiations."

Until then he is just another buffoon in a corrupt league and he let Tom Brady, the man he claims to be like a son to him, suffer the repercussions of a league run amok.

I still believe that Kraft has a case to be made, (even in a losing effort), that he does not need new evidence, because the team has never been accused of or found to be guilty of anything to do with the air pressure of footballs. I would sue in civil court, the NFL, Goodell and all the owners individually, if for no other reason than to get disclosure. I want to see Jones' and Goodells' phone and text records.
Kraft isn't getting a thing from the league, because they know he's not going to court, (and that's the only place where actual facts might be considered). Amongst the owners, its all about ego.

As we all know, Kraft screwed up big time. I just hope he's learned something from this, and isn't just content to count his money.

Do they think this is the last TV deal they will ever negotiate or the last labor squabble they will find themselves in.

IMO, Robert ought to tell them, in no uncertain terms, that the next time they get their collective tits stuck in a ringer he is going to grab a front row seat and a bag of popcorn and watch them fumble over themselves.

He can make that point eminently clear by saying, "I resign my position on the TV Committee and nominate in my place Pill-Head Irsay. Gentlemen, thank you for making me feel so welcome in a league that I love. I wish you all much success in your future negotiations."

Until then he is just another buffoon in a corrupt league and he let Tom Brady, the man he claims to be like a son to him, suffer the repercussions of a league run amok.

I'd like to see him do it, too.

I just don't think he will. I'd bet that when Bobby was finished with that TV deal he was positively euphoric over all the fanny slaps he was getting from the rest of the Billionaire Boys Club. And maybe he got a little swelled head from that and started to believe all the reports that he was a big player in high places. A big swingin' dick.

Maybe Jerrah decided that he was gonna take that Yankee boy down a peg or two and organized a bushwhack. After all, that TV deal was too damn low. Jerrah coulda bent them over even more. Any fool could see that.

Thing is, I"d bet Bob is so desperate to bask in that rare air again that he won't quit the TV committee and wants to win everybody's respect back.

If it does pan out something like this then it really is a sick thing.

Bob cares about the fans as lip service. He needs them to build his brand and is trying to figure out how to make it all look good and failing in the process.

Good post. I agree completely.

Seriously. He literally has nothing to lose now. Don't be petulant, don't cry, just withdraw.

I am not horribly angry with him for that as I could understand his reasoning, even if I didn't necessarily agree. I also completely get why fans are furious with him. I still think had he not come out metaphorical guns blazing before SB 49, a lot of fans wouldn't have been as angry as they are now. That was his biggest error...acting like he was going to be a hardass, then not being one.

You're supposed to UNDERPROMISE and OVERDELIVER, Bob. Not vice versa.

But yea, ole Rog and the other 31 owners/owner reps are getting the Bartleby the scrivener treatment from me from now on.

Seriously. He literally has nothing to lose now. Don't be petulant, don't cry, just withdraw.

I think the Pats not submitting any rules proposals this year is a sign of the withdrawal. Who knows what else is happening behind the scenes. But Bob will not be there to save the day next time these barrel of moneys are in a ditch they can't get of.

I truly hope this concussion cover up which is picking up steam as I type this sinks their collective 32 butts.

I think the Pats not submitting any rules proposals this year is a sign of the withdrawal. Who knows what else is happening behind the scenes. But Bob will not be there to save the day next time these barrel of moneys are in a ditch they can't get of. I truly hope this concussion cover up which is picking up steam as I type this sinks their collective 32 butts.
No, it's not. That's in BB, not Kraft.
Kraft will do what he can to appease the Thirty One.

I wonder if we've missed something here.
Maybe the real target of the owners is actually BB and not Kraft.
Why wasn't BB found guilty of anything over DG?
Owners can't sue the league but BB sure as hell could...moreover, he would!

I think that's why BB has been left alone throughout this mess even though I could make a very good case that BB/Brady/winning too much was what got the owners united to target BB by hurting the Pats by suspending Brady and taking away picks. Then again, I could be wrong.

I think that's why BB has been left alone throughout this mess even though I could make a very good case that BB/Brady/winning too much was what got the owners united to target BB by hurting the Pats by suspending Brady and taking away picks. Then again, I could be wrong.

Whatever hurts Kraft hurts BB by extension. But the most bizarre part of DG IMO is how BB skated completely. No fine. No suspension. And this was after Bountygate when Goodell said ignorance is not an excuse.

Maybe it was all of the above?

Back