Kraft ask Goodell for draft picks back

This whole thing has been a disaster for Kraft. He's played it terribly and has miscalculated everything. He clearly banked on his relationship with Goodell and naively though that all the good work he's done, getting the CBA agreed etc would count for something. Maybe in a properly functioning organisation it would. But Goodell is heading up a thoroughly dysfunctional and corrupt organisation.

I get the impression now that Kraft is roaming the halls of Gillette with his head in his hands muttering how could this be, how could he do this to me. He's been far too compliant. He's towed the League line and even with the letter he write, he had to mention how he thought Roger was still doing a good job!

Wake up Robert. It's over, the illusion you had was just that. It's time for you to take a look at your head coach and take a leaf out of his book and openly show your disdain for the league front office. No more pallsy wallsy interviews with NFLN, it's time to say f**k Roger and get real.

At least Jonathan seems to be have a bit of fire in him over this.

This whole thing has been a disaster for Kraft. He's played it terribly and has miscalculated everything. He clearly banked on his relationship with Goodell and naively though that all the good work he's done, getting the CBA agreed etc would count for something. Maybe in a properly functioning organisation it would. But Goodell is heading up a thoroughly dysfunctional and corrupt organisation.

I get the impression now that Kraft is roaming the halls of Gillette with his head in his hands muttering how could this be, how could he do this to me. He's been far too compliant. He's towed the League line and even with the letter he write, he had to mention how he thought Roger was still doing a good job!

Wake up Robert. It's over, the illusion you had was just that. It's time for you to take a look at your head coach and take a leaf out of his book and openly show your disdain for the league front office. No more pallsy wallsy interviews with NFLN, it's time to say f**k Roger and get real.

At least Jonathan seems to be have a bit of fire in him over this.
Jonathon will just create a division and more bad will between the Patriots and the rest of the league.

GOD BLESS BOBBY IF Kansas City wins its appeal of fine and draft picks, the Locals will need to be sedated.

Jonathon will just create a division and more bad will between the Patriots and the rest of the league.

GOD BLESS BOBBY IF Kansas City wins its appeal of fine and draft picks, the Locals will need to be sedated.

My view: KC was given an over-the-top punishment on purpose. The plan by Goodell was come down hard on KC, KC would appeal, Goodell relents and looks like a good guy with a heart. By NOT relenting for the Pats, Goodell is inferring the Pats are lying cheaters and deserve their punishment regardless of process.

My view: KC was given an over-the-top punishment on purpose. The plan by Goodell was come down hard on KC, KC would appeal, Goodell relents and looks like a good guy with a heart. By NOT relenting for the Pats, Goodell is inferring the Pats are lying cheaters and deserve their punishment regardless of process.

Bingo, we have Bingo!!

We've said it many times on here, Mark Cuban was right. The NFL is going to collapse in on itself in a pile of arrogance and mass delusion.

How much more can Roger emasculate little old Bobby? Bobby tries to appear like he still has a pair left (no matter how small they are) and Roger promptly bitch slaps any such attempts. Not sure if this is more sad or funny at this point.

The Pats are the new Raiders... :coffee:

How much more can Roger emasculate little old Bobby? Bobby tries to appear like he still has a pair left (no matter how small they are) and Roger promptly bitch slaps any such attempts. Not sure if this is more sad or funny at this point.

It's tragic. It's like a spurned lover tossed aside by her abusive boyfriend, actually trying to get back with him.

How sneaky and PR conscious is the NFL. Read this.

Michael McCann ‏<s>@</s>McCannSportsLaw <small class="time"></small> Why would NFL settle 99% of concussion cases? One possible reason was to make sure jurors never read stories this: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/25/sports/football/nfl-concussion-research-tobacco.html?_r=0 …

“One of the rules of science is that you need to have impeccable data collection procedures,” said Bill Barr, a neuropsychologist who once worked for the Jets and who has in the past criticized the committee’s work.

By excluding so many concussions, Mr. Barr said, “You’re not doing science here; you are putting forth some idea that you already have.”

Sounds like business as usual for the NFL

I used to be pissed at the leetle Bobby Babooshka...now, it's just entertaining. :coffee:

Whomever claims that Bobby has a lot of power and push in the NFL...is clearly :high:

How sneaky and PR conscious is the NFL. Read this.

Michael McCann ‏<s>@</s>McCannSportsLaw <small class="time"></small> Why would NFL settle 99% of concussion cases? One possible reason was to make sure jurors never read stories this: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/25/sports/football/nfl-concussion-research-tobacco.html?_r=0 …

and there's also this

Howard Balzer ‏<s>@</s>HBalzer721

NFL agreed not to have Rams on Hard Knocks in 2014 if they drafted Michael Sam.

Integrity of the league!

There never needed to be new evidence. The punishment was mistakenly applied originally. The team and coach were found guiltless in the first place. What punishments were the Ravens given for Rice. The Vikes for Peterson. The Bengals for Burfict. This is where the argument should be both in public and private.

True of course. But the reference to new evidence refers to Goodell's earlier statement that he would reconsider the Team punishment if their were new evidence.

I. E. Another outright lie by Captain Integrity. :coffee:

Cheers, BostonTim

Alex Reimer ‏<s>@</s>AlexReimer1 <small class="time">https://twitter.com/AlexReimer1/status/712676367305940992 </small> Every NFL owner should’ve been lobbying for the Patriots to get their draft picks back: http://onforb.es/1WIHcB0

Yes, if they weren't mostly a bunch of 2 year olds. Instead we get this.

http://www.patspulpit.com/2016/3/24...lategate-was-all-about-nailing-patriots-owner

NFL Owners Admit DeflateGate Was All About Nailing Patriots Owner Robert Kraft
By Rich Hill  @PP_Rich_Hill on Mar 24, 2016, 6:00a 59

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady is a mere casualty of owner squabbles, because there's nothing like a bunch of billionaires picking a fight that leaves the little guy dealing with the repercussions.

Well, maybe Brady's not a little guy, but he's certainly not the focus of the owners when it comes to DeflateGate penalties.

Per Sirius XM host Chris Russo, who spoke with nine team owners, the 4-game suspension of Brady was a drop in the bucket compared to the $1 million, 2016 1st and 2017 4th round pick levied from team owner Robert Kraft.

"'Do you think we want Goodell to suspend the best player in the league?,'" Russo told WEEI's Kirk Minihane about the owners' justification for pursuing vengeance. "'Its star? For the first four games of the regular season, which includes a game against the Cowboys and the first opening Thursday night game of the year?

"‘We got Kraft. We don't like Kraft. We got him already. We nailed him for a million dollars, and he lost a first-round pick and a fourth-round pick. And we made sure that Kraft did not appeal it because we all bombarded him at the owners' meetings and said ‘Bob, you've got no support here. Do what you have to do. You have no support. Nobody is going to back you up.'"

The Boston Globe reports that the owners didn't even consider reinstating the Patriots draft picks at the meeting, and NFL commissioner Roger Goodell rejected Kraft's final plea letter two weeks ago.

I've highlighted how the NFL owners are going through bouts of infighting and have split into two factions- and how Kraft and the Patriots have been on the losing side of multiple disagreements. The owners were sick of the praise Kraft was receiving, and they were sick of how his team was winning year after year after year, and opted to railroad him with a bogus scandal.

When owners like Jerry Jones can call the connections stemming from scientific studies on head injuries and football "absurd", its no surprise that they can also ignore the Ideal Gas Law and reason to uphold this ludicrous DeflateGate penalty.

And I think we've come to the point where we need to readdress the whole ordeal and realize that Roger Goodell isn't the problem.

It's the owners.

We all acknowledge that Goodell's sole purpose is to absorb the blame that would otherwise be spread over the sport or the owners. He takes the fall for head injuries, for how the league handles domestic violence, and for every other backwards policy that the league promotes.

He is the face of the owners, and is paid handsomely to be a punching bag.

But to pin the entirety of the blame on Goodell- and he deserves some for not having the backbone to stand up to the owners in June after the world recognized that nothing happened to the footballs- only serves to play into the goal of the owners.

They want Goodell to receive all of the blame. That means there's little blame and outrage left for them. The issue with DeflateGate runs deeper than just the flaws in a system that allows Goodell hear and rule the appeal of a penalty he issued himself. It's more than Goodell.

It boils down to the pettiness of owners. Owners that have managed to stay out of the spotlight by deflecting the focus on Goodell. Owners that have hit the Patriots with a lasting penalty because they can't stand the fact that their teams aren't as successful on a consistent basis. Owners that have found a way to get the greatest player in the history of the sport suspended for four games over nothing at all.

It's about Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, and Falcons owner Arthur Blank, and Texans owner Bob McNair, and Eagles owner Jeff Lurie, and Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti, and Colts owner Jim Irsay, and Dolphins owner Stephen Ross, and 49ers owner John York, and Giants owner John Mara, and all of the other owners that are willing to put their personal vendettas before reason and the integrity of the game.

Roger Goodell deserves blame. But it's time to highlight the people that are really behind the insanity of DeflateGate.

The owners have made this about taking down Kraft, with Brady merely collateral damage- and Patriots fans are forced to deal with the repercussions.

Seems it may well have been the owners out to just get Kraft.

Per Sirius XM host Chris Russo, who spoke with nine team owners, the 4-game suspension of Brady was a drop in the bucket compared to the $1 million, 2016 1st and 2017 4th round pick levied from team owner Robert Kraft.

"'Do you think we want Goodell to suspend the best player in the league?,'" Russo told WEEI's Kirk Minihane about the owners' justification for pursuing vengeance. "'Its star? For the first four games of the regular season, which includes a game against the Cowboys and the first opening Thursday night game of the year?

"‘We got Kraft. We don't like Kraft. We got him already. We nailed him for a million dollars, and he lost a first-round pick and a fourth-round pick. And we made sure that Kraft did not appeal it because we all bombarded him at the owners' meetings and said ‘Bob, you've got no support here. Do what you have to do. You have no support. Nobody is going to back you up.'"

The Boston Globe reports that the owners didn't even consider reinstating the Patriots draft picks at the meeting, and NFL commissioner Roger Goodell rejected Kraft's final plea letter two weeks ago.

I've highlighted how the NFL owners are going through bouts of infighting and have split into two factions- and how Kraft and the Patriots have been on the losing side of multiple disagreements. The owners were sick of the praise Kraft was receiving, and they were sick of how his team was winning year after year after year, and opted to railroad him with a bogus scandal.

When owners like Jerry Jones can call the connections stemming from scientific studies on head injuries and football "absurd", its no surprise that they can also ignore the Ideal Gas Law and reason to uphold this ludicrous DeflateGate penalty.

http://www.patspulpit.com/2016/3/24...lategate-was-all-about-nailing-patriots-owner

No shit.

I still think this was all about LA. Kraft needed to be cut off at the knees and Jerrah did it. I don't know if it was opportunism or planned from the get go but I'm sure Jerrah could have gotten the Colts on board for a bottle of percs and half an eight ball.

IMO the NFL wants Bobby to turn it over to Jonathon who will react emotionally and push Tom and Bill out of the picture. The more feeble Bobby looks, the more fans call for Jonathon to take over - trust me when I say Johnny Boy is a lit powder keg that will blow up the dynasty.

IMO the NFL wants Bobby to turn it over to Jonathon who will react emotionally and push Tom and Bill out of the picture. The more feeble Bobby looks, the more fans call for Jonathon to take over - trust me when I say Johnny Boy is a lit powder keg that will blow up the dynasty.

Can you explain why he's a powder keg?

Am I mistaken or did a Federal judge recently say the evidence in the Wells Report was very compelling or overwhelming against the Patriots and QB for deflating the footballs? Was that person not telling the truth either? Is everyone against the Patriots and their QB on this issue not telling the truth?

From page 3 of the Wells report.

"We do not believe that the evidence establishes that any other Patriots personnel participated in or had knowledge of the violation of the Playing Rules or the deliberate effort to circumvent the rules described in this Report.

"In particular, we do not believe there was any wrongdoing or knowledge of wrongdoing by Patriots ownership, Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick or any other Patriots coach in the matters investigated. We also do not believe there was any wrongdoing or knowledge of wrongdoing by Patriots Head Equipment Manager Dave Schoenfeld."​

Back