Looking at the Patriots 2024

According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Media, Chukwuma Okorafor has agreed to terms with New England. Specifics of the contract were not disclosed.

A depth signing. He won't help us climb out of being the last OL in the NFL but he can be a decent backup. He can play both sides which is a plus. He's not
nearly as good as Onwenu or Trent Brown.

I'm really surprised he re-signed, but I am also REALLY happy that he's re-signed.

And to have the best offensive player on a woeful offense be willing to come back could be a sign that it's not as bleak for the players as the story has been portrayed.

I'm really surprised he re-signed, but I am also REALLY happy that he's re-signed.

And to have the best offensive player on a woeful offense be willing to come back could be a sign that it's not as bleak for the players as the story has been portrayed.
Mayo effect IMO. Players like playing for him.

Well Done Applause GIF by BuzzFeed

Agree, because Hunter Henry really enjoyed playing for Jerod Mayo. The hands-on coaching at practice, Jerod's excellent and in-depth work with the Hunter in the TE room, in-game adjustments and coaching on the sideline regarding Hunter's technique on the previous play: these were all reasons why playing for Jerod was the reason Hunter resigned. But then, you always were impressed with how a defensive coordinator could be so good with offensive players. :applause:

Agree, because Hunter Henry really enjoyed playing for Jerod Mayo. The hands-on coaching at practice, Jerod's excellent and in-depth work with the Hunter in the TE room, in-game adjustments and coaching on the sideline regarding Hunter's technique on the previous play: these were all reasons why playing for Jerod was the reason Hunter resigned. But then, you always were impressed with how a defensive coordinator could be so good with offensive players. :applause:
Personality goes a long way ... not to mention former player.

Personality goes a long way ... not to mention former player.
There are definitely players' coaches, and most players do like a players coach. There's a stark difference among the coaching styles of Parcells, Belichick and Pete Carroll (as least as a Jets & Pats coaches - don't know about the Carroll @ Seahawks). Of the three, only Carroll played in the NFL. It's debatable, at least to me, whether being a former player made him a better coach than Parcells or Belichick.

Is it possible your praise for Jerod Mayo's being an easy-going coach and a former player is more about Belichick not being easy-going and not being a former player?

Do you feel that good competitive players didn't sign for BB or Parcells because they weren't former players, and that neither were exactly warm fuzzy touchy-feely guys?

There are definitely players' coaches, and most players do like a players coach. There's a stark difference among the coaching styles of Parcells, Belichick and Pete Carroll (as least as a Jets & Pats coaches - don't know about the Carroll @ Seahawks). Of the three, only Carroll played in the NFL. It's debatable, at least to me, whether being a former player made him a better coach than Parcells or Belichick.

Is it possible your praise for Jerod Mayo's being an easy-going coach and a former player is more about Belichick not being easy-going and not being a former player?

Do you feel that good competitive players didn't sign for BB or Parcells because they weren't former players, and that neither were exactly warm fuzzy touchy-feely guys?
Danny Amendola - "we worked for Bill, we played for Brady."

I think what you saw the last 4 years is just how much Brady helped Bill be successful in getting everyone on board and rowing in the same direction ... I mean it is no secret that Bill's personal skills are on the level of a 2 year old ...

So, in keeping with the thread title, just read that the Patriots have signed Hunter Henry. No info on the $ or number of years.

Sorry to interrupt the discussion about what happened 5, 10, 15 years ago. Please continuuuuueeeee.

Danny Amendola - "we worked for Bill, we played for Brady."

I think what you saw the last 4 years is just how much Brady helped Bill be successful in getting everyone on board and rowing in the same direction ... I mean it is no secret that Bill's personal skills are on the level of a 2 year old ...
We know you can't let it go. So don't get sideways when we do the same here or in other threads like you do.

We know you can't let it go. So don't get sideways when we do the same here or in other threads like you do.
I was asked a question. And you know me, I always welcome differing opinions. That is what a forum is for ...

Back