One Week from Today...

This sounds funny, but will he be OK to get back into the swing of things? Holidays, not training etc. I know he's as fit as a fiddle but it will surely take him a while to get up to game speed? I know, it will only be Cleveland....

This sounds funny, but will he be OK to get back into the swing of things? Holidays, not training etc. I know he's as fit as a fiddle but it will surely take him a while to get up to game speed? I know, it will only be Cleveland....

Yeah it is going to be awful around here (and on the local sports radio) when Brady comes back if he does not play well right away. There will instantly be conversations of putting Jimmy back in, etc...

I think most feel right now though that Brady will come back on fire.

Do you honestly believe he's not training?!?!?

I can't wait!

Do you honestly believe he's not training?!?!?

I'm not saying he's not working out. But it can't be as intense as it would be if he was with the team. He wouldn't be flying off to Italy mid-season. It's a game issue, he'll need time to get up to speed. What I'm NOT looking forward to is the uproar in the media as UT says above if he's less than stellar V the Browns. You know what will happen.

Yeah it is going to be awful around here (and on the local sports radio) when Brady comes back if he does not play well right away. There will instantly be conversations of putting Jimmy back in, etc...

I think most feel right now though that Brady will come back on fire.

Oh I don't know, that might now be so bad...

I'm not saying he's not working out. But it can't be as intense as it would be if he was with the team. He wouldn't be flying off to Italy mid-season. It's a game issue, he'll need time to get up to speed. What I'm NOT looking forward to is the uproar in the media as UT says above if he's less than stellar V the Browns. You know what will happen.

Have you been to a practice?

Let's just say some guys might be able to wear the same uni the next day. S..l..o...w pace.

I can guarantee his side session workouts/conditioning training is FAR more intense than what they do in group sessions.

Now the 1 thing that may be a bit behind is the innate timing with the wrs coming out of breaks and such. But 6 days to prep again gives me optimism he'll be ok.

And Cleveland.

He'll be kinda rusty...even the best won't be perfekt. As long as he doesn't pull a FitzPick6 kinda game...he should be ok.

They're just not good anymore!

Cheers, BostonTim

Prediction: He is going to absolutely suck in Cleveland (Historically, not great against that team, especially there). >200 yds, at least one pick, that kind of suck game.

Patriots will win. :shrug:

He will straight up ball @ home against the Bengals the next week.

He's been working out and training a minimum of four hours a day, whether at his own TB12 facility with Guerrero or at another factility. That is a fact and has been reported as a fact. He's also been practicing and scrimmaging with local college football teams.

Not too worried about his conditioning.

I'm more worried about his timing with his receivers, especially the new ones like Bennett and Mitchell.

He has been here except for one day, flew in/flew out, in Ann Arbor, and a long weekend in Italy. So flying off to Italy midseason is sort of an exaggerated leap. He's flown to Cali to see his parents on long weekends, so why not Italy with his wife?

Prediction: He is going to absolutely suck in Cleveland (Historically, not great against that team, especially there). >200 yds, at least one pick, that kind of suck game.

then questions about the starter come up in the press conf:coffee:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/agZKF7U5s8A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Agreed 100% with all this, Cle gives the Pats issues.
What people in the media don't get on this vs the Cassel year is that this Pats team is better in all phases than the 08 team. ALL PHASES. I did used to except the OL but Dante's usual miracle worker status has me recanting that.

Agreed 100% with all this, Cle gives the Pats issues.
What people in the media don't get on this vs the Cassel year is that this Pats team isbetterinall phases than the 08 team. ALL PHASES. I did used to except the OL but Dante's usual miracle worker status has me recanting that.

I'm thinking the defense steps up in this one huge...maybe another shut out.

TB's game will be fine. In fact as stated earlier, he will be fired up. The only thing that would make me nervous is his conditioning. It seems that often times when a player comes off of a suspension, hold out and so on the player isn't in great football shape and thus ends up with an injury.

Everybody has been assuming that Brady hits the ground passing his ass off, but I (.Mr. negative) have to factor in both his age and the fact that preparation has always been so important to Tom. He's not a natural, really, and has had to work his ass off to get to the top and his timing might be off.

I figure that Brady just slicing and dicing with little to no snaps under his belt is too good to be true. Fvck Cleveland, they aren't my worry. I just figure that at some point this season the football Gods dictate that Brady struggles and this is the logical spot.

I'll be very surprised if he looks his typical sharp self. If that happens I will be excited and pleased to be wrong.

Back