Patriots Fan Hosting Jersey-Burning Party In Response To Anthem Protests

This is turning into Saturday Night Live material:

"He paid $750 for three tickets to watch the game, and although the Pats pulled off a stunning comeback win, he said he went home feeling like they lost. “It was a hollow victory,” Shane said. “I love Tom Brady, I love what happened, but I still had a sick feeling in our stomach.”

Members of the New England Patriots kneel during the National Anthem before the game against the Houston Texans at Gillette Stadium on Sept. 24, 2017. He said he would have rather seen the players kneel before or after the anthem.

“I respect their right to protest, that’s what makes our country great,” Shane said. “But not during our national anthem … it’s about one thing: respect. Respect.”

Shane decided to host a jersey-burning party, inviting other Patriots fans to burn their jerseys on his property in Swansea during Thursday Night Football.
He’s even put out chairs a sign next to his fire pit, reading: “Disappointed in the Patriots? Come burn a jersey at the corner of Main St. in Swansea, Thursday @7pm!”

But he’s also encouraging people to donate the jerseys they don’t want to the relief effort in Puerto Rico.

Shane says he’ll be watching the Patriots next Sunday, but said that whether or not he gets to see the game will depend on what the players do during the national anthem."

Or how about donate each and every jersey or ticket to an inner city child. Each player has to come spend an hour with said child and autograph the jersey. Then make sure each and every child gets to go to a game accompanied by an officer. Now that's a protest worth fighting for. I can dream can't I.

~Dee~

Any fans who wanna burn/dispose of their Patriots gear bc of the anthem protests, please contact me & i’ll make sure they get disposed of properly.
I'll pay the shipping.

Any fans who wanna burn/dispose of their Patriots gear bc of the anthem protests, please contact me & i’ll make sure they get disposed of properly.
I'll pay the shipping.

I will too I know lots of kids who would love to own one but get the player to sign it we can make a movement.

~Dee~

Burning your patriots gear isn't going to change anything. When people stop buying tickets and tuning in on their tv. and corporate sponsors decide to pull advertising dollars, when all these 2 faced owners start loosing $$$$$ this will change.

I hope that his pecker catches on fire, maybe that's where his brain is.

I heard some Steeler fans were doing that but they are Steeler fans and the bar is not very high.

2hyay5d.jpg

This asshat was on the D&C show this morning and he is about what you expect him to be.

I'm sure outdoor burning is illegal in Mass. without a permit. Hopefully he gets a nice fine.
I heard on the radio he cost his town a lot of money, the police had to block off roads and put OT in to keep the neighborhood safe.... Making "Murica great one OT shift at a time...

Or how about donate each and every jersey or ticket to an inner city child. Each player has to come spend an hour with said child and autograph the jersey. Then make sure each and every child gets to go to a game accompanied by an officer. Now that's a protest worth fighting for. I can dream can't I.

~Dee~
He burned only a certain number of shirts (claimed no active player who stood would be roasted but Video evidence shows Brady T-shirts went up in smoke) and donated the other to some third world country that needs heavy, hot, football jerseys.

Meh. Fans are fanatics at heart. This issue is really bothering some people. I heard one group was donating the shirts to charity which is a great idea IMO. Less dangerous too.

It's just football and people kneeling... If it bothers you that much, please stop watching and refrain from commenting on your distaste. Those who continue to enjoy watching football will not miss you.

Now I won't watch other non-Patriots games, or spend a dime on the NFL, but that has nothing to do with the anthem protests. It has EVERYTHING to do with Goodell and the Pats getting screwed multiple times.

Back