Pats Tender Mankins and others

And going back to my original point, which you started to argue over, is that now you're letting another team establish your salary structure.

No you are protecting your asset. I mean would it be better to just let him go for nothing or get something or hang on to him by matching? If you cannot come to a contract agreement with a player this is the smartest thing to do and thats what they did. Now, we either get something in return or keep him, before it was just lose him for nothing.

Sorry no Randy Moss's out there for a 4th rounder this year.

different year with different overall needs

2007 the chance to add Moss to the team that had few holes made sense

add a large cost player now with so many needs is not smart business as a football team

And I'll tell you what you told me. As long as the deffense has no pass rush it doesn't matter.

I said it does not matter on defense. I am pretty sure we are not talking about the defense right now, but if you would like to, we can start a new thread.

different year with different overall needs

2007 the chance to add Moss to the team that had few holes made sense

add a large cost player now with so many needs is not smart business as a football team

No, we had to have a receiver in 2007, remember cauldwell was our number 1. Yes the team has needs, one of them is recevier, right now, we have one legit wideout who at this time is unhappy and hurt.

No you are protecting your asset. I mean would it be better to just let him go for nothing or get something or hang on to him by matching? If you cannot come to a contract agreement with a player this is the smartest thing to do and thats what they did. Now, we either get something in return or keep him, before it was just lose him for nothing.

Not at all.

He hasn't made it to Unrestricted Free Agency yet.

And even with that, if he were to leave you get a compensatory pick the following year.

It's all about what you as a team, or another team that steps up, is willing to pay.

No, we had to have a receiver in 2007, remember cauldwell was our number 1. Yes the team has needs, one of them is recevier, right now, we have one legit wideout who at this time is unhappy and hurt.
but the need for moss level wasn't needed...but a productive WR

Not at all.

He hasn't made it to Unrestricted Free Agency yet.

And even with that, if he were to leave you get a compensatory pick the following year.

It's all about what you as a team, or another team that steps up, is willing to pay.

....he is restricted, if you do not sign him he becomes unrestricted. He was not signed......you have to tender him. What do I care about a compensatory 5th round pick next year, i would rather have a 2nd rounder this year, that seems obvious.

but the need for moss level wasn't needed...but a productive WR

Where is this productive receiver? Boldin in a productive receiver. Why are people so against actually having talent on this team? Do we always have to get some throw away guy that we hope will turn into something so we can snub our nose at the league? It has not worked in awhile.

I said it does not matter on defense. I am pretty sure we are not talking about the defense right now, but if you would like to, we can start a new thread.

:blink::huh:

And who does the Pass rush/pass deffense try to stop? The offensesive passing game last time I checked. So by improving your pass protection you are making the opposings team pass rush inefective thus according to you their whole pass defense will be shit and it won't matter whether you have Boldin lined up out there or not. Problem solved. No need to pay Boldin Randy Moss money.

Where is this productive receiver? Boldin in a productive receiver. Why are people so against actually having talent on this team? Do we always have to get some throw away guy that we hope will turn into something so we can snub our nose at the league? It has not worked in awhile.
at what cost per season

that is what I am asking

yes again I would take him at the corrct pay rate as a no.2 behind moss...I just think issues like durability make him not a no.1, then add in he is a possession type of WR not a field stretcher like Moss/Fitzy why would you break the bank in a way Boldin believes a team should

or simply
this
No one is against having talent...we are against paying Lamborghini money for a Toyota Corolla.
minor edit do to with injury history

No one is against having talent...we are against paying Lamborghini money for a Honda Accord.

If boldin came to this team his production for the past 7 years would have been the greatest 7 years of production this team has ever had in its history. Thats a pretty nice Honda Accord.

....he is restricted, if you do not sign him he becomes unrestricted. He was not signed......you have to tender him. What do I care about a compensatory 5th round pick next year, i would rather have a 2nd rounder this year, that seems obvious.

By making him Restricted you him a base salary. I don't understand what your not getting in that.

But it's the only thing that has been proven to work here Championship-wise.

By making him Restricted you him a base salary. I don't understand what your not getting in that.

But it's the only thing that has been proven to work here Championship-wise.

No it didnt... we hade productive wideouts, we dont now. We do not have productive wideouts, we have moss, who wants to leave and is hurt, then we have...................

or simply
this
minor edit do to with injury history
LOL I was going to say Toyota 4Runner but figured with recent news I should leave Toyota out of this. But you are right. :D

If boldin came to this team his production for the past 7 years would have been the greatest 7 years of production this team has ever had in its history. Thats a pretty nice Honda Accord.
And if this were 3 years ago or so, I would be much more inclined to pay a little more for him. I am not at all opposed to the Pats talking to AZ about him though. They can find out what the AZ's trade parameters are and get permission to talk to Boldin's agent and just see what they want also. I just think it's gonna be too rich for their blood & his actual value going forward.

Dear Mr. Kraft:

You are a big market team. A real big one. You have a shit-ton of cash, and for the first time ever, no handcuffs by the salary cap. Now, I'm not saying you need to go out and Daniel Snyder the situation. But it's not 2001, either. Good players can be signed. You have a smart coach who can tell you who is good. This is where you come into play. He tells you who is good, you pay them. See how that works? Let's keep it simple and start with players on your squad right now. Mankins, Grimmace, Gostkowski, Banta-Cain, Faulk, Bodden...please put their names on the "Pay to the Order of" line of your check. Let them fill in the number after the "$". Then, take some more of them there checks, and give them to free agents. Then, let's meet for drinks in Dallas, say next February. See how that works?

Regards,

MD

Back