Pats Tender Mankins and others

LOL I was going to say Toyota 4Runner but figured with recent news I should leave Toyota out of this. But you are right. :D

And if this were 3 years ago or so, I would be much more inclined to pay a little more for him. I am not opposed to the Pats talking to AZ about him though, not at all. They can find out what the AZ's trade parameters are and get permission to talk to Boldin's agent and just see what they want also. I just think it's gonna be too rich for their blood & his actual value going forward.

This is not about just boldin, but this team needs something, and it needs something pretty good, not something that we hope turns into something, as of now, look at our wideouts and name me who is starting next year.

This is not about just boldin, but this team needs something, and it needs something pretty good, not something that we hope turns into something, as of now, look at our wideouts and name me who is starting next year.
Who thought WW would be an annual 100 + catch a year guy when he was in Mia? He drove me NUTS as a Fin, no doubt, but who knew? BB did.
It doesn't have to be a shiny glittery expensive toy to be a key piece to a good team.

Yeah, it's over.

Free agecy hasn't even started.

The draft, which we own 4 of the first 54 players, and a bounty of further picks is 2 months away.

But the team building process is over unless we acquire Boldin for about $9 mil/year matching Moss.

So we'll have 2 receivers taking up nearly $20 million dollars on the seasons budget.

Wicked Smaht Money.

Why is it imperative that we name the starters on this team when they haven't even started FA let alone the draft. Who was going to start for the Pats the day before the 2007 FA started? Did you know Midy?

I would guess that the Pats aren't the only team placing tenders on players. I would imagine fans of all these other teams are having similar discussions, maybe not as coherently, but having them none the less. I wouldn't like to lose Mankins or Ghost, but I didn't want to lose Armstrong, Bledsoe, Milloy, Law, Vinatraitor, etc. either. If the players are so concerned about long-term deals, their union should have come to an agreement with the owners and not have this cloud of unknowns looming overhead. Billionaires trump (not The Donald :D) millionaires any day that ends with y. The owners will win in the long run. As much as I don't want to see players who I see as essential leaving, I am confident that the decisions BB and Kraft make in these uncertain times are in the best interests of the Patriots both in the short term as well as long range. Some will stay, some will go and new ones will enter the fold. Just keep winning and things are all good.

:patriots!

Yeah, it's over.

Free agecy hasn't even started.

The draft, which we own 4 of the first 54 players, and a bounty of further picks is 2 months away.

But the team building process is over unless we acquire Boldin for about $9 mil/year matching Moss.

So we'll have 2 receivers taking up nearly $20 million dollars on the seasons budget.

Wicked Smaht Money.

I hate to break this to you, if the pats have to draft to get a number 2 wideout, we are in serious trouble. I am not sure I want a rookie wideout trying to learn a system be our #2. So please name me these wonderful receivers lined up to play for the pats for hardly any money.

Who thought WW would be an annual 100 + catch a year guy when he was in Mia? He drove me NUTS as a Fin, no doubt, but who knew? BB did.
It doesn't have to be a shiny glittery expensive toy to be a key piece to a good team.

I have no problem with the receivers we got in 2007, but the question is what are we getting now, cause we need them. If you want to just say, oh well something will come up hopefully, thats fine, but not sure thats the best way to look at it. Might help if this team had some sort of chemistry for more than 1 year.

I guess the way I look at it is that WE the fans don't know ...it may look to us like "something will come up...whatever... let's hope" but I am sure they have a plan..an actual plan.

I hate to break this to you, if the pats have to draft to get a number 2 wideout, we are in serious trouble. I am not sure I want a rookie wideout trying to learn a system be our #2. So please name me these wonderful receivers lined up to play for the pats for hardly any money.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Again, in real simple terms midgar.

The process hasn't even started yet.

Get that?

Grab O-line. Bolster defense (through the draft). Grab RB (Dixon or Gerhart). Throw to Moss, Edelman, Tate and a Tight End. Smash the other teams. In the mouth.

Win.

Win. Big.

The Patriots have not signed any free agents or made any trades yet?
Everybody panick.

Nobody is panicing, I just said we need a wideout basically due to not having much of anything at that position and that is what this thread was about. Start a thread about pass rush and I can tell you about that.

yup exact same thing with wilfork, what is really the prob in this negotiations:choices:. :toast:

I think it comes down to, they want a lot of money,,,we dont want to pay them that much, then just keep going back and forth, rinse repeat.

No, it's over.

Over before it even began.

Who called it over? I am saying what they need, if they get it, then its fine, you are saying you dont want it. I am not arguing the pats screwed up, they have have not signed anyone, I am not bashing them.

Back