So pretend you're Jeff Fisher...

I think Shanahan goes there end of season. He's not done chilling and enjoying his Denver gold nuggets yet.

I think one of the reasons why Skins hired Sherm Lewis is so that they could tell Zorn to piss off, let Lewis handle the team the rest of the season to then get Shanahan in place for next season.

As of this morning, Zorn has been relieved of play calling duties....

:::cue the stopwatch from the '60 Minutes' intro:::

I think Shanahan goes there end of season. He's not done chilling and enjoying his Denver gold nuggets yet.

I think one of the reasons why Skins hired Sherm Lewis is so that they could tell Zorn to piss off, let Lewis handle the team the rest of the season to then get Shanahan in place for next season.

Shanahan's not going anywhere unless he gets paid a sh.tpot of money. There was still 2 years/14 million dollars left on his contract with Denver when he was fired that Denver has to pay him, providing he stays out of coaching. That's 14 Million for doing nothing. If he starts coaching somewhere and draws a paycheck, he doesn't get any of that free money. If the Redskins wanted him, they'd have to pay him at least however much is left of that ($7 Million if they wait until the end of this season, PLUS however much they are going to pay him to coach for them).

Not putting it past the Redskins, but it's a bit of a stretch IMO.

This collapse is so monumental, that the GM needs to go as well. I hear that Matt Millen is still available.

"Hang in there, guys... We're only 40 quarters away from drafting the next Vince Young."

"Think positive guys, sure they're on par to put up 90 on us, but they'll probably sit Brady, Moss and Welker. They might not even break 75! Now lets go out there and try to trip them when they step on our heads!"

Shanahan's not going anywhere unless he gets paid a sh.tpot of money. There was still 2 years/14 million dollars left on his contract with Denver when he was fired that Denver has to pay him, providing he stays out of coaching. That's 14 Million for doing nothing. If he starts coaching somewhere and draws a paycheck, he doesn't get any of that free money. If the Redskins wanted him, they'd have to pay him at least however much is left of that ($7 Million if they wait until the end of this season, PLUS however much they are going to pay him to coach for them).

Not putting it past the Redskins, but it's a bit of a stretch IMO.

Is that something special that Denver had worked out with him?
I thought the normal thing was whatever the new team paid the coach was deducted from what the old team had to pay him and the old team just pays that portion. And possibly the new team has to get the old one's permission since the HC is technically still under contract.

<<
What do you say?
>>

Would probably have walked quietly into my office and the next sound the team would have heard would have been :suicide::suicide::suicide::suicide:

What he needs to say is, "I want each of you to take one of these Terrible Towels and wave it proudly as we run out of the tunnel and beg the football gods their forgiveness for having disrespected it in the first place."

Yeah, they haven't won a single game since beating Pittsburgh last year and disrespecting the Towel. Not one.

Personally I would have picked one player and released him at halftime. Told him pack your stuff, get the hell out and don't be here when the game is over, you're not riding the team plane home, don't care how ya get there.

And oh yeah, the rest of you guys keep playing as badly in the 2nd half and somebody else is gone immediately after the game as well.

Over? It's not over until WE say it's over! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? NO! And it's not over now!

For some reason every time I read the title of this thread I hear Marissa Tomei saying "Imagine you're a deah..."

Back