"The IG IG/Jerry Thornton Thread"

Jerry's up.

http://thornography.weei.com/sports/boston/2016/10/21/nfl-police-are-lying-on-josh-brown-case/
By Jerry Thornton

The plot thickens on the scandal surrounding New York Giants kicker Josh Brown, how much the powers that be in the NFL knew he’s an abusive, wife-beating sniveling coward and when they knew it.

First, the NFL’s public relations people said they asked the police in King County, Wash. for information and were denied. Which Sheriff Josh Urquhart was not about to take lying down.

“Nowhere on the request does he say that he works for the NFL and so, we don’t know that it’s the NFL and we’re not gonna give it out anyway, so we denied it,” Urquhart said on KIRO in Seattle. “… To our discredit, perhaps, we didn’t use the Google, to Google this guy’s name. Turns out that he is a security representative based in Seattle for the NFL. But he never told us that. The NFL never told us that. At no time has the NFL ever filed a written request – public disclosure request – for any of these files. Period. It’s never happened. …

“I don’t like to get pushed around by a bully,” he added.

And just when I was really starting to feel like Sheriff Urquhart and I were about to become best friends, the NFL fired back. Vice president of communications Natalie Ravitz essentially came out and called my man Urquhart a liar, tweeting out “It was clear we were looking for info for months.”

And that’s where we stand. Exactly two years after Ray Rice, the NFL has gone right back to its domestic violence playbook. Claim you didn’t have enough information. Blame law enforcement. Say the refused to cooperate with you. You did the best you can do. Followed by weeks of more deflection, finger pointing and damage control. Lather, rinse, repeat. Time is a flat circle; everything we’ve ever done or will do, we’re going to do over and over again. Because the people in charge of the NFL are what Bill Belichick would call “error repeaters.”

Like with Ray Rice, all the information anyone needed on Josh Brown was right in the open. The cops had been called on him 20 times. Twenty. At the Pro Bowl last winter, NFL security had to take Mrs. Brown and her children away to basically a panic room for their own safety and not tell Brown where they were being kept safe from him. He violated a restraining order, the legal standard for which is “imminent fear of serious, physical harm.” What did the league or Giants owner John Mara think the danger in these incidents was? That Brown was going to give his wife dirty looks?

It was clear to anyone who wasn’t invested in this scumbag’s ability to put 50-yarders through the uprights that he was regularly, routinely and cruelly onside-kicking her ass. And any attempt to get to the truth was typically half-assed, just like it was with Rice.

Now we are left, once again, to ask why anyone would believe the NFL tells the truth about anything.

Give jerry the click anyway.

Cheers

And the NFL is so cocky and drunk with their power paid off victory over TB that said they could eff anyone in the A that they wanted to that they put out as evidence of their "research" a TWEET saying they did research AN EFFING TWEET.

That is the most taunting filled victory dance EVER. OBJ would be embarrassed by that.

The NFL is powerless in stopping the scumbags in its ranks from taking the organization down.

The Patriots D fights like the Russians did against Napoleon and Hitler. They gave up miles of ground, let the enemy get deep into their territory, then toughened up in the red area and, when it mattered most, inflicted millions of casualties. And, they’ll get even tougher when winter comes.

ROFL

There is no one who’s more excited about having Brady back than Julian Edelman. Every time he catches a pass for a first down (which he did a lot of Sunday) I half expect him to bring the ball back to Brady in his mouth, wagging his tail.
ROFL

A little surprised Jerry didn't comment about the lmao-ness of the Steelers fans continuing to chant "Heath" whenever their TE Jesse James makes a catch. It's no accident, it is what they do...all the time.

I was surprised to see BB have a nice greeting with Tomlin postgame. After all Tomlin's lameass comments I would have Manginied that mofo.

Chris mortensen admits he handled deflategate poorly, claims he gets death threats

http://thornography.weei.com/sports...lategate-poorly-claims-he-gets-death-threats/

Bryan Curtis of The Ringer has posted a long, in depth profile of Chris “The Father of Deflategate Misinformation” Mortensen, talking about his life, his career, his battle with cancer and of course, Deflategate itself.

There’s a lot to unpack here. But let’s start with the aftermath of Mortensen’s infamous tweet saying 11 of the Patriots 12 footballs in the AFC title game were tested at two pounds per square under the minimum:

After the tweet, a second source, with whom Mort had a better relationship, urged him to adopt a broader description: that the balls were merely “significantly underinflated.” In that tweezers-sized distinction, you could see a preview of the madness that would become Deflategate. Mort told me, “That should have raised the journalist in me to a higher level. I’ve got to ask some more questions here. What are we talking about, 2 pounds under? But, no, I got to get on TV.” He had to be an insider.

In appearances on TV and radio, Mort said he immediately backtracked to the safer ground of “significantly underinflated.” But Mort’s January 20 tweet and ESPN.com story that contained the 2 pounds per square inch number remained uncorrected for more than six months . …

Mort’s cool began to melt only when he started to get a number of death threats. “What bothered me is we’re in an era where if your wife goes onto social media, she basically reads that they want you to die,” Mort said. “Even after I got cancer, I got some death wishes.”

The Mortensens live in Arkansas. But when Mort was working in Bristol, they often stayed in a house they leased in Connecticut. As the Deflategate threats began to pile up, Mort told Micki he didn’t want her traveling to Connecticut anymore. “My job is to protect her,” he said. When Mort himself came to Bristol, he behaved like someone who was living under a public threat. He went straight from the ESPN studio to his home, avoiding restaurants and rarely appearing in public.

Look, I want to be kind to Chris Mortensen since he’s going through the living hell that is cancer treatment. I say with all my heart that I’m rooting for him to crush this disease and die an old man in his bed surrounded by loved ones many, many years from now.

But facts are facts. Mortensen admits here that he knew the information he put out there was pure horsecrap. And he did nothing. Even saying the balls were “significantly underinflated” was a pure lie. For the better part of two years he’s perpetuated the lie, kept the fire burning and continued to throw fresh wood on it like the time he went on Arizona radio to make up a story about Mr. Kraft and Jonathan Kraft apologizing to him.

And now, after the fire of falsehoods has finally burned itself out, he’s trying to kick around the embers and claim he didn’t correct the fake story because he’d said it on television? Bull. One hundred percent, Grade A, USDA Choice bull.

Secondly, while we’re on the subject of lies, I have a question about these “death threats” he’s implying came from Patriots fans. Who issued them? When? What did they say exactly? What happened when he told the police?

I mean, you can’t just casually throw out there that “Yeah, I people from New England saying they were going to come kill me and my wife. I was a big enough deal that we rearranged our lives, stopped traveling, looked over our shoulders and lived in fear. But what are ya gonna do? That’s those wacky Pats fans for ya.” That’s a big claim. One that smears the fans of an entire region as deranged, homicidal lunatics and deserves verification. But this Bryan Curtis doesn’t ask for it and Mortensen doesn’t provide it.

Then again, when it comes to publishing lies that can’t be backed up with any proof whatsoever, no one has anything on Chris Mortensen. Get well soon, Mort. But for God’s sakes, quit making up stories.

Jerry is leaving WEEI and going back to Barstool Sports.
I no longer have a reason to listen to any afternoon sports radio.

Best of luck to Jerry on his new job.

Now what will I listen too?

Damn...

On the bright side, I've been forced to listen to far more of Dale Arnold than I would like.

For those that don't understand why Jerry made this move, the roots of it are that Barstool Sports has become a national phenomenon and it's actually a much bigger platform than I had realized. I looked up the cash value of that site after they'd been around for a few years and I was surprised to see that it was valued at as much as 250K. Now, ten years later they just sold 51% of it for a figure of about 14 million and the reason for that is millions of hits from bros who can't get enough of it.

Apparently their podcasts alone are a big revenue source on ITunes and that is something Jerry really excels at, not that 'EEI ever bothered to promote his stuff at all. He's a multi-talented guy, but his podcasts are really brilliant and nobody even knows they are there. They will on Barstool. For an example, listen to his interview with Bill Lee and see what I mean and he's just as good with scientists from MIT, comics and the like. Some people are better suited to do that sort of thing than others and Jerry is great at it.

His audience will become bigger and he can do whatever he wants to do without worrying about censorship or about having to deal with internal squabbles with that miserable asshat Kirk Minehan who will hopefully melt completely down and get his toxic ass fired soon and/or kill himself which would delight me.

I can also say that 'EEI has been very good about all of this, apparently, and wants to continue to enjoy a good relationship with Jerry including guest spots and fill-ins on the air so the bridge is still intact.

I was at a party recently and Jerry was being swarmed by a bunch of bros from UMass and they were saying "Dude! You've got to come back! Barstool is HUGE now!!! and here were are a month later.

We're on to Barstool.

On the bright side, I've been forced to listen to far more of Dale Arnold than I would like.

For those that don't understand why Jerry made this move, the roots of it are that Barstool Sports has become a national phenomenon and it's actually a much bigger platform than I had realized. I looked up the cash value of that site after they'd been around for a few years and I was surprised to see that it was valued at as much as 250K. Now, ten years later they just sold 51% of it for a figure of about 14 million and the reason for that is millions of hits from bros who can't get enough of it.

Apparently their podcasts alone are a big revenue source on ITunes and that is something Jerry really excels at, not that 'EEI ever bothered to promote his stuff at all. He's a multi-talented guy, but his podcasts are really brilliant and nobody even knows they are there. They will on Barstool. For an example, listen to his interview with Bill Lee and see what I mean and he's just as good with scientists from MIT, comics and the like. Some people are better suited to do that sort of thing than others and Jerry is great at it.

His audience will become bigger and he can do whatever he wants to do without worrying about censorship or about having to deal with internal squabbles with that miserable asshat Kirk Minehan who will hopefully melt completely down and get his toxic ass fired soon and/or kill himself which would delight me.

I can also say that 'EEI has been very good about all of this, apparently, and wants to continue to enjoy a good relationship with Jerry including guest spots and fill-ins on the air so the bridge is still intact.

I was at a party recently and Jerry was being swarmed by a bunch of bros from UMass and they were saying "Dude! You've got to come back! Barstool is HUGE now!!! and here were are a month later.

We're on to Barstool.

I'm going to miss hearing Jerry on my drive home. I hope he gets everything he wants and as long as I can still read KJR, I'm happy for him.

Also, I can't f*cking stand Minehann. I couldn't stand him when he first started to get on the air and it blows my mind that they made him a cohost. Talentless phony. I completely stopped listening.

Back