Babalu

Happy Birthday Jeff lets do this thing :rockon:

Happy Birthday Babalu!! I will be drinking one....or six of these tonight in your honor. But nothing in between. :toast:

Boulevard-Bobs-47-Oktober.jpg

Happy B-day Babs!!

Y'know...if my wife was asking me to open my mouth and all I got was a cleaning...I think I'd be pretty disappointed...:D

I'm a cautious guy by nature, but Frank's latest update made me feel that there is a corner being turned and our boy is slowly waking up and rejoining the world. More patience will be needed, but I feel optimistic.

I wish him a happy birthday and pray for continued progress.

I had several of these at a food, beer and wine festival last week at Epcot in Fla. and loved them. I wondered what our local expert would have said about Widmer Drifter Pale Ale, even if he hated it. Maybe someday he can tell me himself.

I'm a cautious guy by nature, but Frank's latest update made me feel that there is a corner being turned and our boy is slowly waking up and rejoining the world. More patience will be needed, but I feel optimistic.

I wish him a happy birthday and pray for continued progress.

I had several of these at a food, beer and wine festival last week at Epcot in Fla. and loved them. I wondered what our local expert would have said about Widmer Drifter Pale Ale, even if he hated it. Maybe someday he can tell me himself.

available at Jamie II, two doors down from Jeff's favorite Chinese Bar

excellent selection

Dearest Father, grant Your mercy for Babalu, awaken him from his illness and grant him the power of communication, continue his healing and strengthen his resolve to endure rehabilitation. I ask Your mercy extend to his family awaiting his return, strengthen them to endure their burdens, encourage them with Your Word and with progress in Bab's healing, touch the hearts and minds of Bab's caregivers that they Hear Your Word and are strengthened to fully know and use the gifts You provide them. Let Your Word be our comfort and guide, let Your Holy Spirit strengthen us in Your gift of faith, let us know Jesus Christ as our Savior and the foundation for our lives. All to Your glory and in the Name of our Redeemer Christ Jesus. Amen.

Update: 10/18/2010

Jeff had a good morning today, was awake and alert for a while. His speech therapist continues to work with him on his swallowing, which he's doing great at. His facial expressions are coming back more, he will smile when asked to. He can also stick out his tongue on command. He will also grimace, furl his brow and raise his eyebrows.

He's gaining more and more movement in his left hand and the doctors expect to him to develop movement in his right hand soon. After that they would expect him to develop movement in his legs and feet. His doctors and therapist are happy with progress.

Today they gave him a half a dose of an analeptic (central nervous system stimulant) drug that it used to treat people with narcolepsy and other similar sleep problems. He really didn't seem to react much to that dose. They'll try a ful dose on him tomorrow.

Every day he is having periods of alertness. He's now opening his eyes more in reaction to the sounds around him, opening them when he hears people's voices or hears people coming into the room. His cousin was in the other day and he opened his eyes when he heard his voice and kept them open for awhile while he was visiting. When he left he asked Jeff to give him a thumbs up. Jeff opened his eyes and moved his thumb.

Please keep the prayers and positive thoughts flowing
------------------------------------

Donate to Jeff via PayPal

Jeff had a good morning today, was awake and alert for a while. His speech therapist continues to work with him on his swallowing, which he's doing great at. His facial expressions are coming back more, he will smile when asked to. He can also stick out his tongue on command. He will also grimace, furl his brow and raise his eyebrows.

He's gaining more and more movement in his left hand and the doctors expect to him to develop movement in his right hand soon. After that they would expect him to develop movement in his legs and feet. His doctors and therapist are happy with progress.

Today they gave him a half a dose of an analeptic (central nervous system stimulant) drug that it used to treat people with narcolepsy and other similar sleep problems. He really didn't seem to react much to that dose. They'll try a ful dose on him tomorrow.

Every day he is having periods of alertness. He's now opening his eyes more in reaction to the sounds around him, opening them when he hears people's voices or hears people coming into the room. His cousin was in the other day and he opened his eyes when he heard his voice and kept them open for awhile while he was visiting. When he left he asked Jeff to give him a thumbs up. Jeff opened his eyes and moved his thumb.

:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:
spaceball.gif
spaceball.gif
spaceball.gif
spaceball.gif

James_Hetfield,_Metallica_Guitarist_and_Vocalist.jpg

Really great news. :) Thanks frankw.

Wow! Now THAT'S progress! I'm kinda pumped right about now...
Posted via Mobile Device

MOST excellent!

Wow frank, that's a great update - thanks! I especially like the brow furling being that it seems like something he'd be really great at. Especially when the nearest microwave is occupied with the same food substance for an hour.

Thanks again for the news!

I will second all of the above. Continued prayers.

Folks lets not forget that financial support is needed here if at all possible and Frank has a Paypal link or a mailing address for donations.

Back