Babalu

Babalu was an early bird like me and sometimes we were the only ones here for a bit in the morning posting.

This thread is the first thing I read every morning.

I hope someday we get back to the old days.

Keep kickin ass my friend.:toast:

Babalu was an early bird like me and sometimes we were the only ones here for a bit in the morning posting.

This thread is the first thing I read every morning.

I hope someday we get back to the old days.

Keep kickin ass my friend.:toast:

I bet you can almost taste that salsa now.

Dearest Lord, thank You for the continuing news of progress from Babs and taltos, thank You for the gifts of healing given to their caregivers, thank You for the community of friends who have rallied around these men and their families, thank You for the healing power of Your Word and the gift of forgiveness given to us all through Your Son, Jesus Christ. Help each of us to recall the true meaning of Jesus' birth and to see in our prayers and concern for these two friends of Patriots Planet a glimpse into the love You have for us, to willingly sacrifice Your Son to redeem a fallen and sinful people. Thank You O Lord! In the Name of our Savior Christ Jesus. Amen.

Thinking of both babs and taltos... May you both have a wonderful Christmas, and renewed health for the coming year!

Late to the thread but Jeff and his entire family will stay in my prayers until he is back here posting and then some

on this wondrous day of football and on the heels of such good news of your recent progress, I raise a glass of Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Ale

Sierra-Nevada-Bigfoot.jpg

a 9.6% ABV explosion of maltiness & hoppiness TO YOUR CONTINUING GOOD HEALTH, babalu :thumb:

this fine barleywine-style ale is just the thing to quaff while watching the hated, vile, villainous, Jets & Steelers pound each other into the ground like thumbtacks :grovel:

here's hoping along w/ all of us you too are also watching this clash forcefully & fully-voiced yelling at the TV

<b>STOMP A MUD-HOLE INN'EM!!! :cuss:

<blink>BEAT

DOWN</blink>
</b>
no matter which team has possession :D

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mxPynSu2LGE?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mxPynSu2LGE?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MC9cbEHjvPs?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MC9cbEHjvPs?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

A friend of Jeff and I asked me to forward this:
--------------------------------------------------------------
update 12/19

We had an awsome visit with Jeff yesterday. When we arrived he was in the soloriam sitting up in his wheelchair watching the colts game and looking around at the million dollar view of Boston and all the circling roadways and traffic.

Jeff was fully awake the whole time eyes wide open. He was very responsive to questions. He was very clear speaking some times, other times it was difficult to understand him. He was moving both arms and squeezing a pillow.

We talked about getting him better to go camping. He responded clearly (That would be good)

I asked him if he was looking forward to Christmas. He responded clearly (Next Year)

He told me he wants to go home.

At one point his nurse Nicole came in and Jeff tried to tell her something but it was not clear. She told him to take his time that she was listening. He repeated again but we still could not make it out. When she left the room he said to Mamie and I very clearly (she can't hear anything ) in a frustrated funny sarcastic tone. It made me see that good ole Jeff still has his personality intact. It was great to see.

The Therapists are working to gain strength in his legs. They gradually stand him upright and let his feet touch the floor to feel some weight. Working toward getting him to be strong enough to support his weight.

He seamed to be trying to move his right arm to get more motion out of it.

I told him it is hard work all the physical therapy. (he said yes)
I told him to keep up the good work.

Jeff was wide awake eyes open from when his parents and Maureen arrived in Am and still wanted to sit in his chair in his room when we left after the colts game after 4. We asked if he wanted to get into bed
to get some rest and he told us (No)

He said "bye" when we left

It was such a positive uplifting visit to see the improvements.

The prayers are working keep them up.

I've been missing babs more lately than at any time since his departure. There have been some great threads here recently that are absolutely in his wheelhouse (promised/delivered, for example) and I know they're incomplete due to a lack of his presence in them.

Also, was sucking down a couple of these over the weekend imagining he'd approve:

shipyard_prelude.jpg

Hope you have a great holiday and a happy New Year, Jeff. Hope springs eternal in 2011.

Cheers.

This is really great to read since my absence was longer than expected. Awesome, awesome news.

Keep fighting , Babs. And the next time one of you sees him, tell him Pyx has a portabella mushroom sammich for him. Let me know what he says to THAT.ROFL

Dear Lord, thank You for Babalu's progress, thank You for the friends and family rallying around him, thank You for the caregivers seeing to his progress, thank You for listening to our prayers and building our faith with Your blessings for Babs and taltos and others. Thank You Lord for the blessings of this season, help us to use this time to Hear Your Word and know Your love for each of us as told in the story of Christ, whom You sent to redeem our sins with his body and blood. Praise be to God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit for the many blessings in our lives. I ask Your blessing and mercy for Babs, taltos, OPT's Mom-in-law, cka's son, and the many people on our prayer list at church, guide all to Hear Your Word and to fellowship in Your Church, feed our faith with Your sacraments and keep us strong in our faith that through Christ Jesus we may be brought home to Your house; in the Name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.

I miss babs, too.

This place isn't the same without him :(

update 12/19

We had an awsome visit with Jeff yesterday. When we arrived he was in the soloriam sitting up in his wheelchair watching the colts game and looking around at the million dollar view of Boston and all the circling roadways and traffic.

Jeff was fully awake the whole time eyes wide open. He was very responsive to questions. He was very clear speaking some times, other times it was difficult to understand him. He was moving both arms and squeezing a pillow.

We talked about getting him better to go camping. He responded clearly (That would be good)

I asked him if he was looking forward to Christmas. He responded clearly (Next Year)

At one point his nurse Nicole came in and Jeff tried to tell her something but it was not clear. She told him to take his time that she was listening. He repeated again but we still could not make it out. When she left the room he said to Mamie and I very clearly (she can't hear anything ) in a frustrated funny sarcastic tone. It made me see that good ole Jeff still has his personality intact. It was great to see.

The Therapists are working to gain strength in his legs. They gradually stand him upright and let his feet touch the floor to feel some weight. Working toward getting him to be strong enough to support his weight.

Jeff was wide awake eyes open from when his parents and Maureen arrived in Am and still wanted to sit in his chair in his room when we left after the colts game after 4. We asked if he wanted to get into bed

Thanks Frank...he's coming along nicely. Tough SOB Babs is. F'n skeet take his ass out???? Puleeeeeze.

Great update.

update 12/19

Great update.

Does he have the strength to hug his family and say Merry Christmas? That would be great. I continue to pray for strength for Babs, and for the well-being of his family.

Happy Holidays Frank.

Back