Kraft ask Goodell for draft picks back

I am not sure what people want from Kraft at this point?

I would like the following...

1. Kraft needs to stop doing things in a way too transparent attempt to placate a pissed off fanbase. This letter was a goddamn joke. How releasing the letter and letting us see all the niceties that open it and the signature that says, "Your Humble Servant, Robert".

2. Kraft to not answer questions about GoodHELL's performance with any form of the word "good". At a minimum it should have been "No Comment" and at a maximum he should have said, "Personally, I think he's screwed up not only Deflategate, which impacts my asset greatly, but he's botched the Ray Rice case, the Adrian Peterson case, BountyGate and the list goes on." He is either lying when he says GoodHELL's performance has been "good" or he's a blithering idiot worried more about his position within league circles than about the fans who helped build his franchise. One or the other.

3. Kraft should resign from the TV Committee, pronto. Send the message to the other 31 that he isn't going to take being fvcked in the ass lightly. And that if they collectively continue their "Anti-Patriot, Anti-Integrity" ways that he will not only not support them in their various money-making endeavors, but that he will become a thorn in their sides as it relates to other of their behind the scene shenanigans. There are many ways he could do that, leaking private league communications, challenging the league on things about conflicts of interest on the rules committee.... and that list goes on.

4. Kraft should encourage Tom Brady to stop being so passive at the leagues aggression against him. Kraft may not be able to sue the league, but Tom Brady can. Tom Brady is one of the few people who can make the league squirm. He has the resources to do so and should be encouraged to do just that. For example, sue selected league officials personally for defamation. Before you type, I KNOW THAT IS AN EXTREME LONGSHOT, but do it anyway. Make these mid-level league officials, with limited resources, hire lawyers and begin to prepare to defend themselves. Threaten discovery on what exactly Pash edited in the Wells Report. Dig for internal league communications about what transpired during the "investigation". The league went on a fishing expedition and found idiotic texts using the word deflator. Let's grab our own fishing pole and head down to the lake. Kraft should stop encouraging a passive approach and take the goddamn gloves off and fight the league directly and encourage Tom to do so.

I'm sure there are other things Kraft should do but I have to get to work here.

Oh yeah, 5. Step aside and give Jonathon control. The world has passed him by, I mean, who the fvck writes letters anymore anyway. Probably used a feather pen dipped in ink to write his missive.

All of this BS from Kraft was to try to save face from his fan base...and failed. He knows damn well that he doesn't have a chance in hell to ever get back the stolen draft picks.

Curran basically said as much this AM on NFLAM, that Kraft underestimated how pissed Pats fans would be with him for "standing down" and leaving TB out to dry. That's why he made the writing of letter public.

He said that he thinks BB's behavior at the league meetings/events reflects what he thinks of the league itself and its bureaucracy.

BB did not address the letter at all during his media time at the breakfast, according to Cole Wright of NFLN.

Curran basically said as much this AM on NFLAM, that Kraft underestimated how pissed Pats fans would be with him for "standing down" and leaving TB out to dry. That's why he made the writing of letter public.

This.

Another purely PR move by Kraft - same move he pulled the day before camp started. He's done nothing to help us in deflategate, and if anything, has only harmed us. He cares more about 31 entitled numbskulls, which consists of some of the worst people you'll meet, than any of us.

I really believe if Jonathan were in charge, things were be different.

Same goes for Spygate. I'm tired of the completely fabricated notion that we were overpenalized for Deflategate because we were underpenalized for Spygate. We were overpenalized for both. Both were stupid drummed up charges. Goodell has destroyed the Patriot brand and reputation. If I were Kraft, I'd be holding back the urge to murder him with my bare hands everytime I saw him, instead, he shakes his hands and hugs him.

As soon as Belichick and Brady retire, I'm done. The league office is stupid, the sport - on a professional level - has become stupid, the salary cap is remarkably stupid, our ownership is stupid. Every day, I ask myself why I spend so much time concerned with this league.

This.

Another purely PR move by Kraft - same move he pulled the day before camp started. He's done nothing to help us in deflategate, and if anything, has only harmed us. He cares more about 31 entitled numbskulls, which consists of some of the worst people you'll meet, than any of us.

Same goes for Spygate. I'm tired of the completely fabricated notion that we were overpenalized for Deflategate because we were underpenalized for Spygate. We were overpenalized for both. Both were stupid drummed up charges. Goodell has destroyed the Patriot brand and reputation. If I were Kraft, I'd be holding back the urge to murder him with my bare hands everytime I saw him, instead, he shakes his hands and hugs him.

As soon as Belichick and Brady retire, I'm done. The league office is stupid, the sport - on a professional level - has become stupid, the salary cap is remarkably stupid, our ownership is stupid. Every day, I ask myself why I spend so much time concerned with this league.

It's a damned shame it's come to this, isn't it?

Everything successful on a major scale will likely hit the law of diminishing returns, and also likely forget what made them successful in the first place in pursuit of squeezing out the last few $$ over quality. That's why things are NEVER "too big to fail".

This.

Go over to the Jets thread. You will feel better.

I would like the following...

1. Kraft needs to stop doing things in a way too transparent attempt to placate a pissed off fanbase. This letter was a goddamn joke. How releasing the letter and letting us see all the niceties that open it and the signature that says, "Your Humble Servant, Robert".

2. Kraft to not answer questions about GoodHELL's performance with any form of the word "good". At a minimum it should have been "No Comment" and at a maximum he should have said, "Personally, I think he's screwed up not only Deflategate, which impacts my asset greatly, but he's botched the Ray Rice case, the Adrian Peterson case, BountyGate and the list goes on." He is either lying when he says GoodHELL's performance has been "good" or he's a blithering idiot worried more about his position within league circles than about the fans who helped build his franchise. One or the other.

3. Kraft should resign from the TV Committee, pronto. Send the message to the other 31 that he isn't going to take being fvcked in the ass lightly. And that if they collectively continue their "Anti-Patriot, Anti-Integrity" ways that he will not only not support them in their various money-making endeavors, but that he will become a thorn in their sides as it relates to other of their behind the scene shenanigans. There are many ways he could do that, leaking private league communications, challenging the league on things about conflicts of interest on the rules committee.... and that list goes on.

4. Kraft should encourage Tom Brady to stop being so passive at the leagues aggression against him. Kraft may not be able to sue the league, but Tom Brady can. Tom Brady is one of the few people who can make the league squirm. He has the resources to do so and should be encouraged to do just that. For example, sue selected league officials personally for defamation. Before you type, I KNOW THAT IS AN EXTREME LONGSHOT, but do it anyway. Make these mid-level league officials, with limited resources, hire lawyers and begin to prepare to defend themselves. Threaten discovery on what exactly Pash edited in the Wells Report. Dig for internal league communications about what transpired during the "investigation". The league went on a fishing expedition and found idiotic texts using the word deflator. Let's grab our own fishing pole and head down to the lake. Kraft should stop encouraging a passive approach and take the goddamn gloves off and fight the league directly and encourage Tom to do so.

I'm sure there are other things Kraft should do but I have to get to work here.

Oh yeah, 5. Step aside and give Jonathon control. The world has passed him by, I mean, who the fvck writes letters anymore anyway. Probably used a feather pen dipped in ink to write his missive.

perfect, still would be too late for me, but most of the suckers would buy into it...

from the beginning of BB in New England we have had three number ones taken from the team, imagine if the League didn't force a 1st to the Jets for signing BB, or the spygate issue never happened, and finally Deflategate and it's lost pick.

yet despite all of that, the team is the greatest dynasty in the history of Sports - yes greater than the Bill Russell Celtics because the players were not allowed to change teams, better than any other Salary Cap team in sports because it is a hard cap number.

from the beginning of BB in New England we have had three number ones taken from the team, imagine if the League didn't force a 1st to the Jets for signing BB, or the spygate issue never happened, and finally Deflategate and it's lost pick.

NONE of those draft pick losses would have happened without Jets employees' involvement either. :coffee:

This.

The above notion seems to be gaining steam with a minority of Patriots fans and all I can say is that we should all be very careful what we wish for.

Bob screwed this up. We all know that, but Jonathan.......

I'm in no big hurry to see him take over.

Wondering if Kraft will still have the annual Photo Op with the team's first pick wearing a Patriots 1 jersey, even though that player will be selected in the 2nd round?

NONE of those draft pick losses would have happened without Jets employees' involvement either. :coffee:
exactly, former Jets employees suck

The above notion seems to be gaining steam with a minority of Patriots fans and all I can say is that we should all be very careful what we wish for.

Yeah Jonathon is too emotional in my opinion, he is more Jerry Jones than Rooney.

You know, there's this myth that the Pats have missed on a lot of first rounders in the BB era but when you look at it the only real bust was Maroney. Merriweather, Graham and Watson were meh. The rest are pretty good.
Only Marouney didn't last in the league , the other three played in the league for several seasons. Heck Watson is still playing and Merriweather I think finally asshat himself out of the league after playing last season.

Graham 12 seasons
Merriweather 9 and counting
Watson 12 and counting
mauroney 5 years

Reading now that Robert Kraft, at this morning's meeting, said that he wrote a letter to the Commissioner asking for his 1st-round pick back, outlined his reasons, and has "put his best foot forward."

Nothing will come of it. I wonder if there was a response.
My sources say that Goodell told Kraft that he'd get the picks back, right after Putin returned the Ring.

:coffee:

And Goodell basically told Kraft to f**k off for the 2nd time in a year. He said there was no new information in what Kraft wrote therefore the penalty stays.

Do you get it now Robert?? Can you see it now?? This guy has made a mockery of you, has basically s**t all over you.

Based on J Kraft's own comments on the topic, you may be right.

Jonathan isn't perfect, and I think sometimes puts his foot in his mouth, but what I appreciate about him right now is that I find his anger about deflategate sincere. Unlike his father.

Back