The Official "I'm An Assh*le for doubting the Pats" Thread

I didn't think we'd win this one and I thought Brady would be on his ass a lot more than he was.

Kudos to pretty much our entire team.

I watch the Crows every week. I knew this game was winnable. Just didn't expect it to be so easy.

I never thought the Pats could play that well, so I'm here to admit that I suck after watching that stunning win.

I also never imagined Flacco playing so poorly or the Ravens committing penalty after penalty.

I never imagined the Oline blocking as well as they did. Mankins was great at LT and Josh Kline hung in there.

Slater was his usual beast self. Chandler, Spikes and the usual suspects all showed up.

Everybody contributed. I bet every single active person played and did something to help this team win.

I've got no complaints about Josh McD this morning. We found a way to move the ball without using the TE in the passing game. Basically.

I'm an idiot for ever doubting this team. I suck.

ALL the stars pointed at a Pats loss. It's amazing that they always seem to find a way to win these games in December.

I was worried and lost sleep Saturday night over it, but I still had a glimmer of hope. Not a big one, but just a little hint of one.

I will say that Mankins looks better at tackle than in his usual position. He was outstanding and played better than I've seen Solder play all year.

Do you think Flacco still considers himself elite?

The wife is not giving me any break with this.
I told her "it was going to be a very tough game for the Pats to win".

Last night, she reminded me of my statement. I protested that I never said they would lose. She informed me that "tough game" is my code for "they're going to lose".

So ya, I'm a dumbass.

I never thought the Pats could play that well, so I'm here to admit that I suck after watching that stunning win.

I also never imagined Flacco playing so poorly or the Ravens committing penalty after penalty.

I never imagined the Oline blocking as well as they did. Mankins was great at LT and Josh Kline hung in there.

Slater was his usual beast self. Chandler, Spikes and the usual suspects all showed up.

Everybody contributed. I bet every single active person played and did something to help this team win.

I've got no complaints about Josh McD this morning. We found a way to move the ball without using the TE in the passing game. Basically.

I'm an idiot for ever doubting this team. I suck.
I was actually thinking Mankins looks better at LT than Solder has. It's just one game, though.

Yeah I always thought they could win, but I am going to think that every week. I was more worried about the Miami game. Baltimore has not impressed me this year, and I could not really understand why every analyst in the world thought we had no chance. Everyone at ESPN picked the ravens except Ditka. Everyone on NFL network picked the pats, all of the pats analysts, Reiss, Bruschi, etc picked the ravens. I was thinking, what has this 8-6 team fighting for a playoff spot done again?

Every week is a tough opponent and I have my doubts. I always hold out on some hope too. Even next week, with the way the Bills have been sacking QBs, looks a bit doubtful.

It is a great feeling to be wrong on these doubts!

The Pats have beaten some elite QBs this year:
Manning
Brees
Flacco

I should know better than to doubt them. But I still do....

I'm not a crier. At all. But when Ridley made that never say die run close to the end, I welled up. They have more money sitting on IR than any two teams probably...but their mental and physical toughness are championship level.

Yeah, I was worried. I told my wife I thought we'd lose and made 2 huge bets to prevent it.

Our defensive scheme was outstanding. That was a magnificent game plan to take away their rush and make Flacco with his boo boo win the game with his arm. Our DL and LBs executed well and Hightower had his best game yet as a Patriot. I swear I saw him defend a pass successfully! Our D played with emotion and wouldn't be denied. The young DBs blanketed their receivers. Logan Ryan has been a baller all year and even Tavon Wilson finally cracked the lineup and gave us an interception. (Regarding Tavon, let me say here that he's still a good player but as well as Gregory has been playing this year, Tavon hasn't had opportunities. You saw last night when Gregory went down what Wilson can do. He's a good player who provides solid depth.) Turnovers came back to us, finally.

Sanchez has the buttfumble; Flacco slipped on a banana peel. Hopefully that shows up as a gif so we can name it, too.

Brady was in command the entire game. Edelman continued his break out year performances with another doozy. His contract numbers are piling up every week. Blount...what's there to say? The guy has been rejuvenated. Who knew he could be all this.

The Ravens never had a chance. Madden had it right all along...Pats win handily.

I was actually thinking Mankins looks better at LT than Solder has. It's just one game, though.
Solder's form turned to poop early in the season and instead of sinking his hips and staying square, he started bending at the waist and lunging. It got progressively worse, imo, as teams got more tape of him doing it consistently. Scar should be able to get him back to form next year. I'm actually pleased with what Mankins did too, BB has consistenly said they have a line of all LT's, year in and year out, which is a pretty cool thing to have. I'd like to see what Zusevics can do some day if he ever comes off IR, he'd be another G/T hybrid guys who everyone thought had some talent...

I'm not a crier. At all. But when Ridley made that never say die run close to the end, I welled up. They have more money sitting on IR than any two teams probably...but their mental and physical toughness are championship level.

That was truly special. He and Blount really played their hearts out (among others).

The Flacco Flop:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oQwGbuFCmm4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I sat at hom listening to George Michael's Faith... I had it because I always believe in my team, no sky am falling here buddy!!! no siree!!! join me in the mens room and sing with me

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lu3VTngm1F0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yeah, I was worried. I told my wife I thought we'd lose and made 2 huge bets to prevent it.

Our defensive scheme was outstanding. That was a magnificent game plan to take away their rush and make Flacco with his boo boo win the game with his arm. Our DL and LBs executed well and Hightower had his best game yet as a Patriot. I swear I saw him defend a pass successfully! Our D played with emotion and wouldn't be denied. The young DBs blanketed their receivers. Logan Ryan has been a baller all year and even Tavon Wilson finally cracked the lineup and gave us an interception. (Regarding Tavon, let me say here that he's still a good player but as well as Gregory has been playing this year, Tavon hasn't had opportunities. You saw last night when Gregory went down what Wilson can do. He's a good player who provides solid depth.) Turnovers came back to us, finally.

Sanchez has the buttfumble; Flacco slipped on a banana peel. Hopefully that shows up as a gif so we can name it, too.

Brady was in command the entire game. Edelman continued his break out year performances with another doozy. His contract numbers are piling up every week. Blount...what's there to say? The guy has been rejuvenated. Who knew he could be all this.

The Ravens never had a chance. Madden had it right all along...Pats win handily.

Was I the only one that was wondering why they weren't trying that screen to Rice more often? They gashed us a couple of times with it, but I don't remember them trying it more than that. I kept expecting it, but it just never happened. Did they have that covered or something? It just seems like the couple times they tried it, it went for pretty good yardage.

Back