Babalu

Well we've finally got some good news to report. I got a text on Thursday from Maureen saying that Jeff was having a great day, almost as good a day as he was having just before Christmas. I called her and she told me he had just had a good OT session, catching a ball that they were throwing to him. Reaching out for the ball and having good movement and coordination in both arms. He also had a good speech therapy session. Answering most of the questions correctly and the ones he was unsure on, he quickly gave the correct answer with a a hint or two. They also brought him some stuff to eat. Ground up London broil, which Jeff said was "horrible." They also had some butternut squash, which was "gross." And some mashed potatoes that were "OK." The speech therapist also approved him to start eating soft foods, meaning anything you can cut with a fork. So he can start having some real food now.

After speech therapy Maureen took out the laptop and asked him if he wanted to look at some pictures. She gave him the laptop and they started to look through them. Jeff put his finger on the correct mouse button and clicked his way through the pictures. Maureen also said he identified most of the people in the pictures.

I don't know how yesterday went, but he had another great day today. My phone rang a couple hours ago and it was was Jeff on the other end. We had a quick conversation told him it looked like Green Bay was in and Jeff agreed and I then said I couldn't believe I'd be rooting for the Steelers later tonight, he replied "yeah, I know." I had a hard time hearing/understand everything he said, but it was good to talk to him.

His brother went in to see him this morning and I guess they had a good visit. Later when Maureen arrived to visit she asked how his brother was, he replied "large and in charge," which definitely describes Jeff's brother.

Please continue to keep Jeff in your thoughts and prayers and lets hope this is the start of a long series of positive news.

Wow, I watch the Jets lose and then read this post. This day couldn't have been any better even if the Patriots were playing.

Well we've finally got some good news to report. I got a text on Thursday from Maureen saying that Jeff was having a great day, almost as good a day as he was having just before Christmas. I called her and she told me he had just had a good OT session, catching a ball that they were throwing to him. Reaching out for the ball and having good movement and coordination in both arms. He also had a good speech therapy session. Answering most of the questions correctly and the ones he was unsure on, he quickly gave the correct answer with a a hint or two. They also brought him some stuff to eat. Ground up London broil, which Jeff said was "horrible." They also had some butternut squash, which was "gross." And some mashed potatoes that were "OK." The speech therapist also approved him to start eating soft foods, meaning anything you can cut with a fork. So he can start having some real food now.

After speech therapy Maureen took out the laptop and asked him if he wanted to look at some pictures. She gave him the laptop and they started to look through them. Jeff put his finger on the correct mouse button and clicked his way through the pictures. Maureen also said he identified most of the people in the pictures.

I don't know how yesterday went, but he had another great day today. My phone rang a couple hours ago and it was was Jeff on the other end. We had a quick conversation told him it looked like Green Bay was in and Jeff agreed and I then said I couldn't believe I'd be rooting for the Steelers later tonight, he replied "yeah, I know." I had a hard time hearing/understand everything he said, but it was good to talk to him.

His brother went in to see him this morning and I guess they had a good visit. Later when Maureen arrived to visit she asked how his brother was, he replied "large and in charge," which definitely describes Jeff's brother.

Please continue to keep Jeff in your thoughts and prayers and lets hope this is the start of a long series of positive news.
Dearest Lord I thank You for Your mercy for Babalu and his family, continue to bless him in his recovery and to encourage his family to endure each burden with hope rewarded. In the Name above all names, Christ Jesus. Amen.

Frank, thank you for the great news and Jeff and his family remain in my prayers.:toast:

Thank you Frank for keeping us all informed, what wonderful news to hear

This is so awesome. Thanks for the update.

Just AWESOME news, someday soon Jeff will be posting here once again:thumb:

WOOOT! Great news indeed!

This is such a great update.... such good news. Thanks for the continued updates Frank.

One of the reasons I decided this is the year to come out there is because I want to see babs :)

I hadn't posted in this thread until now, because I haven't been able to think of what exactly I wanted to say. But that's not what matters. What matters is Babalu's health, and slowly and surely, as I've followed, he seems to be getting better and that is a great thing. I imagine this is has been a tough challenge for him and his family and they deserve credit as they deal with this. Life is unpredictable and crazy, but ultimately, I can see that they will come out of this strong. God bless to all of them, may the good luck of late continue.

I'm not going to lie, reading this choked me up a bit and brought a tear. Totally awesome news!

Back